Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wayne
    replied
    Heard the track (free salute) on the freebie Guardian Groove Armada CD at the weekend, first I've heard from LB...and I couldn't help recalling the likes of Lenny Kravitz circa 1992...Which is to say, it was sort of OK, but they must've been better up to now, because this sounded to my ears like a funkier Ocean Colour Scene or something...

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Anyone heard the new album? There's a very mixed review in this week's Time Out.

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero
    Aha, but you've got the Quo's autograph's - have you got Maroon 5's? (If Status Quo are to Oasis what Maroon 5 are to... Hang on I need to rethink this ).
    hang on, maybe Maroon 5 are now influenced by Little Barrie -
    These guys used to be known as Kara's Flowers and played a competent version of alternative pop that was decent but was easily overlooked. Now the head scratcher is why they decided to go the lite funk route and deciding to ape a band that already capitalized on the very same sound some years ago.
    Now I'm confused....

and as for the Quo meeting, tis a funny story to bore you with when we next meet up!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Whenever I'm unfortunate enough to catch Maroon 5 on TV, there does apaear to a core of that band - normally in the background somehere - who really look like they like to be in another band entirely.

But I'm sure they'll end up with a wheelbarrow full of cash and well... they're not made of stone.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Aha, but you've got the Quo's autograph's - have you got Maroon 5's? (If Status Quo are to Oasis what Maroon 5 are to... Hang on I need to rethink this ).

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Cope
    Maroon 5? That's a bit strong isn't it? That's a serious diss, sir!

I discovered Maroon 5 through the TV advert during the run-up to Christmas. it was my fave TV ad. I loved the way the singer gets all emo when he drops his microphone when he's saying that his girlfried has gone or something. Then there's all these clips from all these videos and he has the EXACT same Zoolander face in all of them. Love it!

They're pretty big right? Teenage emo-girl fans? Does anyone else listen to this kind of stuff. That was a harsh diss alright...
    LOL!!! and Oasis isn't?!?! I'd rather be in M5 than Quoasis any day of the week.

And speaking of Little Barrie, were they called Convoy in an earlier form? I was playing through some 10"s earlier and said Convoy one sounds a lot like em

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Maroon 5? That's a bit strong isn't it? That's a serious diss, sir!

I discovered Maroon 5 through the TV advert during the run-up to Christmas. it was my fave TV ad. I loved the way the singer gets all emo when he drops his microphone when he's saying that his girlfried has gone or something. Then there's all these clips from all these videos and he has the EXACT same Zoolander face in all of them. Love it!

They're pretty big right? Teenage emo-girl fans? Does anyone else listen to this kind of stuff. That was a harsh diss alright...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by Col Wolfe
    I thought: scrawny Maroon 5

didn't think much to their last gatefold seven inch thingy either
    On was on the 'Maroon 5' basis that I dubbed the last EP onto CD for a couple of my Ex and one of her friends and it was well received.

Of course 'Burned Out' from that EP was on their previous 45 on 'Showtime' too....

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Aye the last 7's and the aspects stuff has all been lacklustre.

Lets hope they don't polish up too much and lose their vibe.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by Col Wolfe
    Probably the first and last time that Wayne's been described as scrawny. I think both the video and the song need more Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero
    Doesn't do them justice. The song's a little 'safe' and the video's pretty forgettable (a couple of nice angles towards the end but they don't carry a video). What worries me is that I thought 'Oasis' when I saw it.

didn't think much to their last gatefold seven inch thingy either - although everything else I have by them is absolute killer gear - seen them live several times too and have never disappointed - hope they haven't sold their souls for greenback rolls

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Doesn't do them justice. The song's a little 'safe' and the video's pretty forgettable (a couple of nice angles towards the end but they don't carry a video). What worries me is that I thought 'Oasis' when I saw it.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    This sounds rather worring: is LB destined to lose their edge as they get big? I hope not. We'll have 'em back down for a 4th time at HF&S before the summer hits - they always come correct there.

Leave a comment:

• SARGE
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Cope
    Typically, this doesn't work on my mac... so what is it, and why all the hmmms?
    don't think ur missin' much....doooood is capable of some dirty funkin but dunno bout dis yet. think the boy may have some of josh stones black worm jism drippin' down his chin...............hmmmmmmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Typically, this doesn't work on my mac... so what is it, and why all the hmmms?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X