X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blighty
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Smiths Crisps - 'Rhythm And Crunch' flexi (second...)
    Is this up for trade then, Rich? I've been after a copy for a while so first dibs please if it is.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    This is a comp thing that Matt tipped me off about (you too can find it for a quid). Blue cover with some sort of red picture on the front? I don't remember the title so I'll check later and look for any more info if Matt doesn't chip in before then, but one side is Fleetwood Mac tunes and the other is Christine Perfect/McVie, including 'And That's Saying A Lot...'. So it's on Christine's side and not the 'Mac's (which probably doesn't clear this up).

Was it Dusty Fingers crediting it to Christine, Lee?

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Bill - I think that confusion has been caused by a bootleg LP credit - the track is deffo not on "The Legendary...." and I checked my mate's copy of "Mystery to Me" lp and it's the same track which is credited to Ms Perfect on the bootleg.

I suppose they were either trying to throw us off the scent or make Fleetwood Mac sound more alluring?

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 27 May 2003,11:28)]LP's

Fleetwood Mac/Christine Perfect LP (cheers Matt)
    Can you clarify what album this is for me. I've had a Fleetwood Mac LP for many years called Mystery To Me. It has the so-called Christine Perfect tune on it, but obviously it's credited to Fleetwood Mac. Is this the album that you bought at the weekend or did she re-record it as a solo artist, too?

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    <Consults AMG> (jeez, I've got a mind like a sieve).

It's 3614 Jackson Highway, Lee. I paid a fiver and I was very happy with it. Similar deal to Lulu's New Routes. Atco sent her to Muscle Shoals and teamed her with Tom Dowd, Arif Mardin and Jerry Wexler, and gave her some soulful staples to sing. Her voice isn't quite subtle enough for some of the gear (think Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey) but for the most part it works. And I think she looks cute in her Indian squaw get up.

Does anyone know what Lulu's other Muscle Shoals LP (Melody Fair?) is like? Cheers...

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Rich - what's that Cher LP called? I've been after her version of "For What it's Worth" for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    For the sum total of £27 I picked up these at Olympia...

45's

Rufus Thomas - 'Itch And Scratch' (Italian with P/S)
    Smiths Crisps - 'Rhythm And Crunch' flexi (second...)
    Danish Bacon - 'Yummy, Yummy, Yummy' flexi (crap music but good interludes...)
    Some european airline flexi - well, it was a picture disc in a disc in a picture sleeve and the airline's called C.T.I.

LP's

Fleetwood Mac/Christine Perfect LP (cheers Matt)
    Geno And The Ram Jam Band - 'Finger Poppin'...'
    Hair (London Cast)
    Mellow Fruitfulness - 'Whiter Shade Of Pale' (bit of a lemon - looked better than it sounds, condition-wise)
    Cher - ?!? (with 'For What It's Worth' and 'I Walk On Guilded Splinters' - which Evidence jacked for 'No Retreat' if you're into that sort of info - very nice LP)

So slim pickings, but I couldn't leave with nothing. Saw (but didn't buy) 'Fear Is The Key' for £50 and some Bonnie Dobson LP - which is the good one? Some seller was playing 'Firedog' which was good to hear while flicking, and I swear the guy in shades and black, trailed by a big minder type, was Liza Minelli's husband...

And two copies of the 'Showstopper' 45 dropped through my letterbox.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Told you before dude, a regular at the Kilburn fair has that JB for 25... go get it!

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    started a topic Todays haul

Todays haul

Fuggin useless record fair! Picked up about 3 things - got there for 8:30!!! Was up at 7! Waste of time.

Saw a James Brown 'sho is funky down here' and I sided myself...then I asked the price and it was 100 notes - then I sided myself somemore, wiped my arse with the record and handed it back...thanks mate...sure I'm just nipping to the cash machine now mate

Rumplestiltskin S/T - £5. This isnt too bad. Some nice funky fuzzy rock moments. Go Jeremy Eagles!

Jess & James - Revolution, Evolution, Change!! - £20. Im a complete sucker for belgian beat group and I wasnt disappointed. Packed full of super cheesy mod groovers. Gotta chart this.

The Persuaders - £1. Pretty good.

Stopped off in intoxica at portobello - fought through about 5 million idiot tourists *stopping* and changing direction at every opportunity...what is it with that??

Anyway - met godsy cherrystones for the first time and swapped some tips - bought the mozart library compilation and left with my credit card intact. Lucky Im sensible sometimes...

Ok then where. Got to camden. Had a wander round. Got offered some smack, bought a skanky burger. Sounds of swing - dry. Tape exchange - dry. Stall in the market - dry. Geralds stall - Nothing I wanted was in the sensible price range. Shame.

Ok next stop Angel! Reckless was dry. Flashback dry. Haggle was...dr...no haggle was wicked! The blokey in there was quite sociable?? I picked up these all for £30.

Standard Music Library - Guitar/Small Group ESL 119
    Standard Music Library - Activity/Travel ESL 115
    Standard Music Library - Activity/Travel/Dramatic ESL 126
    Standard Music Library - Romantic/Nostalgic/Sad ESL 114

Amphonic Library - A Tune For Everyone AMPS LP 106 - Wicked cheesy big band funk.
    Amphonic Library - London Life AMPS LP 111 (did this go on ebay for big bucks recently? - More cheesy big band funk)

(Olly - if my amphonic connection comes through these will be doubles matey.)

And back in sunny Dalston a quick visit to the oxfam where I picked up my first ever decent records from there. Hurrah.

Circles Of Sound - Circle Of Sound. - Still after certain lions and tigers for peanuts...one day!
    Robert Delgado - Latin Flutes - Circle Of Sound. - Dont get me wrong but why is this so sought after?

Quite unusual to find circle of sound lps these days so I asked if they had any more *down the back*. Yes sir came the reply - we have this one with a girl on the cover infront of a mirror...moody something...think we have a box of them...
Working...
X