J j band ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J j band ?

Anyone know anything about the J J Band lp on CBS - produced by Brian Bennett apparantly - just been offered a copy (which I'll probably take seeing as it's gonna cost £0.00) and don't know a thing about them - sounds good though as a Hammond is implicacted on the sleeve.

As usual, info much appreciated.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Ooh, have it! I assume it's Jess And James. I picked up one of their 45's on Matt's recommendation and it's a great euro stomp, Matt has another 45 that's even better and I think Sermad has one LP that he rates pretty highly?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

jj band were their own band - but jess & james were all of them - or something like that.

I love everything either bands do - I have the JJ Band lp on polydor and its a belter - I charted it last month. As for one one on CBS - I never knew there was one. I would *love* this!

The Jess & James S/T lp is way expensive these days - Never seen one in my price range - Sposed to be the best - I have a 45 from this and its mental.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I bought the JJ Band/JJ Band (cbs) as it was sampled on OC&#39;s &#39;Jewlel&#39; which is on of my favorite tracks ever. Someone was selling a copy of the JJ band on the bay recently saying it had been sampled by J5 on their new LP, but Iv never found the sample (think I&#39;ll have another look in a minute). Musicaly I&#39;d say the JJ Band are OK but nothing great, if it did&#39;nt have the sample to &#39;Jewlez&#39; I&#39;d have give it a miss....

pace
        parkz
        www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

For some reason I thought the J.J. Band was J.J.Jackson&#39;s backing band... He&#39;s a pretty decent US soul vocalist whose big &quot;hit&quot; was &quot;But It&#39;s Alright&quot;.

No doubt Belson is about to put me straight .... but it&#39;s alright&#33;
          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Are there 2 JJ Band LPs? I bought one from a fair in Sheff last year and found absolutely nowt on it.

I got it cos of Doug Lucas being in the band. I think it was called &#39;S/T&#39; as well? Different cover to that one above though, band line-up around some statues or something?&#33;

I gave it away if I remember rightly. But my taste shouldn&#39;t be used as a guideline, I&#39;m just trying to stop you spending good money on very average products&#33;&#33;

Benicio
            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ 28 May 2003,11:36)]For some reason I thought the J.J. Band was J.J.Jackson&#39;s backing band... He&#39;s a pretty decent US soul vocalist whose big &quot;hit&quot; was &quot;But It&#39;s Alright&quot;.

No doubt Belson is about to put me straight .... but it&#39;s alright&#33;  
              Nay, sir&#33; I&#39;ld add that my personal favourite J.J. Jackson sides are &#39;Dilemma&#39; on Perception featuring the v. nice &#39;Indian Thing&#39;, and &#39;The Greatest Little Soul Band in the Land&#39; on Columbia (check?).

I thought J.J. Jackson went throguh as many band members as Spinal Tap - it was largely dependent on project, so I don&#39;t know if there&#39;s any truth in the rumour of links with the J.J. Band.

I think the OG Dilemma title is gatefold with the current band members pix inside, for those that have a copy to hand.

Comment

Benicio Del Toffo,
                The one with the statues on is the LP which is often sought after for the samples (Oc sample + another track was on a con and amir tape)..
                Its strange because when I replyed to a &#39;This weeks digs&#39; thread on souldstrut the day I found this LP, I had several emails from guys trying to get the LP of me&#33; and since then Iv seen it on the bay a few times and its hardly moved..

I got my copy off a local rock/Jazz collecter, he bought the LP and thought it was rubbish, took it to the exchange and I picked it up.

peace
                parkz
                www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

neither of you guys have the jj band lp I charted? Theres atleast two breaks on it and its a good lp start-to-end.

As for JJ Jackson - I bought this because I recognized the name from the JJ Jackson sountracks I have. Cost me a couple of quid - Here is the cover for mine.

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                  X