Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Vulture room on SoulSeek.

Hi guys.

Ok SoulSeek is a file sharing network that is great if you want to get mp3's of obscure music. It's very simple to use and very fast.

If you are on a pc go to -

http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

Grab the latest version and install this.

On a mac running osx you need to go to -

http://chris.schleifer.net/ssX/

*Running SoulSeek*

Ok run the program and you will see a list of rooms. Join the 'vinylvulture' room.

You will then be able chat to everyone in the room.

You can chat to individual people by clicking on their name.

To download files you need to browse peoples lists. Sometimes you need to be on their 'friends' list before you can download so make sure you are.

To share files you need to set the folder where your mp3's are. You are then given the option to share the folder to only friends - I would take this option. This stops every tom dick and harry grabbing files from you.

You'll get the feel for it! See you on the other side!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

has anyone used the "test firewall and router settings"

it suggests :

"IP: 83.67.43.173 Port: 4343/tcp CLOSED. Your router and/or Soulseek client needs to be configured correctly.

You may want to visit the Port Forward Help web site to get directions and support on configuring your broadband router correctly.

Don't forget that you need to restart your client if you modify your listening port."

soulseek does seem to be working. Also it said that I should configure portforwarding when I installed slsk but it did not indicate that this was serious as the above message sounds.

Also are there any security issues I should be aware of with enabling port forwarding?
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

no security issues. just do it bud!
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I downloaded SoulSeeker, but can't see the Vinyl Vulture room ???
        oddball - odd-ball n. informal. A person regarded as eccentric

Comment

If you can't see the room, just type in "vinylvulture". Worked for me.

Comment

Hang on a sec, I've got 2319 songs on my laptop and I don't wanna share some of them with any old chappie, and I don't wanna share any off the new LP at all... I know I can limit sharers to friends, but I don't know how to do that yet.

Two questions for now:

Is there a way to block certain folders contained in my itunes folder from being shared through ssx? I don't want to have to go through everything, or store some mp3s elsewhere to make sure only they are shared or keep some mp3s private or whatever. I'm all for sharing, but not all of it!

Secondly, if I quit the ssx program, no one can take mp3s from me right? I guess that's a silly question, but I'd like to be sure.
            http://wakeupanddie.com
            http://weirdgearnyc.com
            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cope
              Hang on a sec, I've got 2319 songs on my laptop and I don't wanna share some of them with any old chappie, and I don't wanna share any off the new LP at all... I know I can limit sharers to friends, but I don't know how to do that yet.

Two questions for now:

Is there a way to block certain folders contained in my itunes folder from being shared through ssx? I don't want to have to go through everything, or store some mp3s elsewhere to make sure only they are shared or keep some mp3s private or whatever. I'm all for sharing, but not all of it!

Secondly, if I quit the ssx program, no one can take mp3s from me right? I guess that's a silly question, but I'd like to be sure.

1) you have to appoint the the folder you want to share so it's no problem
              2)you can be shure

Comment

Ok, I guess I'll just make an ssx folder and put things in to share a bit at a time then. Don't have enough room on the drive to copy loads and I don't wanna just move things out of my itunes, then have to put them back in etc.

what am I going on about now...
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

now im active in the VV room!
                  rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

soulseeek

everytime i get on the soulseek VV room nobody ever seems to talk or they have no files shared wicker man has some nice files tho

Comment

thanks jammy!

yeah more people and more talking!"

if someone is talking in the VV-room while im at the computer i will also talk
                      rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Im on slsk alot, or at least my bro is the lazy bum. My pcs bein a bit funky at the mo but i should be back on slsk soon. My username is 'Nimblaine'...without the 's.

Ive got loads of turntable & hip hop stuff & a fair bit of soul & breaks aswell, oh & not forgetting my bros viking metal & goblin rock...if u like that sort of thing. Peeps should get some good speeds from me 2 with my new connection.

So ill be back on soon 2 check out the vv room, feel free 2 get what u want. Check out the [Zom-B] folder aswell!!!

Peace
                        www.myspace.com/herrotics

Comment

soulseek

check out flytipper for jazz / soul / psych / dusty fingers / folk / weird shit...

my hard drive is approaching full and i am deleting some but i will be on later if you are about-the v/v room is some kind of vile death-metal bood fest teen self mutilation room...makes me ill.

where is the vinyl vulture room on soulseek?

and why are there so many elitist non-sharing mother suckers on there...
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper
                            check out flytipper for jazz / soul / psych / dusty fingers / folk / weird shit...

my hard drive is approaching full and i am deleting some but i will be on later if you are about-the v/v room is some kind of vile death-metal bood fest teen self mutilation room...makes me ill.

where is the vinyl vulture room on soulseek?

and why are there so many elitist non-sharing mother suckers on there...
                            Hi

If you can´t find VV room, you can "create" it; right click on the Room list and select "Create room", write " vinylvulture " (without the "s) and click over OK. Voilá, now you´re there.

Peace
                            ((-_-)) The groove is out there ((-_-))

Comment

V V V V V Vulture Rooooooom

Going For it Now.

Many Thanks Moog Man .
                              Rockwell
                              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                              X