X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lool around you - two!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/news/2005/01/10/16413.shtml
    Last edited by sermad; 01-02-2005, 01:10 AM.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

This is the best news I've heard all week... such a genius show.

Now all we need is the second series of Darkplace!
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

In the meantime... set your recording devices for the current series of 'Monkeydust' on BBC3. Genius.
      Matt Hero

Comment

Just saw a clip last night - looks as though they've gone a lot further and are spoofing late70s/early 80s "tomorrow's world..."

including:- this new style of music called Rappin'

"Im Rappin, I'm Rappin, I'm Rap-Rap-Rappin, Im Rappin, I'm Rappin, I'm Rap-Rap-Rappin, Im Rappin, I'm Rappin, I'm Rap-Rap-Rappin, Im Rappin, I'm Rappin, I'm Rap-Rap-Rappin"

Comment

yeah I saw that too! ace.

From 10 minute skits to 30 minute episodes is fab. I think it was a big cult hit on dvd as I know loads of people that bought it.

Darkplace was ace! The broccolli episode was amazing...The sanchez song makes me cry laffin everytime!

Comment

Really looking forward to "Look Around You"... first time the telly will have been on in literally months (if you don't count watching DVDs).

Comment

Yeah some of it was spot on but I *hated* the visuals and intro. They looked too modern!

Synthesiser patel was the don tho!

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                Yeah some of it was spot on but I *hated* the visuals and intro. They looked too modern!

Synthesiser patel was the don tho!
                A bit more 84 than 74, but I want a Liquisynthâ„¢!
                FunkyDown
                Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

more like 94! the ghost of tchaichovsky was shite too!

Grumble grumble

Comment

good to see Synthesiser Patel rocking a Roland SH 1000 too...
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
                      good to see Synthesiser Patel rocking a Roland SH 1000 too...
                      heh - with bonus sampling capabilities
                      FunkyDown
                      Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

that's true - mine doesn't seem to have that function.
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rubberfunk
                          heh - with bonus sampling capabilities
                          Yaaaaah! That's exactly what I was saying to the wife when it was on!

"It's not supposed to sound like THAT!"

Comment

Don't want to nit-pick, as I did enjoy it, but my worries when I heard they were doing a full half-hour rather than the previous short format were borne out, as I think there was 10 - 15 really good minutes worth there, padded out alarmingly...which was a shame. A very amusing spoof of a c.1978 - 1984 BBC TV show, but none of the parallel universe OU stuff that made the first series so brilliant...

Having said that, 'Little Mouse' was great, and Toni Baxter's number had me fairly merrily chortling too (but not much more than an actual Hot Gossip video would have, which was the problem I had with it, I suppose). Did it really do anything that wouldn't have been just as telling if they'd just put together a clip show from the BBC's late 70s Tomorrow's World/Micro Live archives?

The soundtrack was up to scratch, mind. 'You might be forgiven for thinking there's an actual orchestra in the studio...'
                            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Yeah more good than bad... the special feature was... om... spot on though.

Thanks Tchaichovsky...

Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X