demis roussos question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demis roussos question

is there a good album of his? a local shop to me seems ito have received his back catalogue of lps. I am sure there is a good track by him, but I can't remember what it is. I might be wrong as well.

Any help would be appreciated. There is no listening post and I don't have a portable record played. Don't want to spunk money i don't have on another bit of wack vinyl.

cheers.

"Fire & Ice" has one or two nice tracks on. I think one of his best tunes is "O My Friends You've Been Untrue To Me" which is a decent track if you can see past his caterwalling and vocalising.

"Action Lady" from "Souvenirs" is pretty good too. Pence only, though.

Comment

they are all about 50p and a quid.

cheers for the prompt answer, i shall seek them out on my break at work tomorrow.

Comment

There are one or two other pretty decent tracks on Souveniers. Certainly Midnight Is The Time is a good upbeat number. I'd say its easily worth up to a quid if its in good nick.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

'LOVE' on Demis is a Loft classic apparantly - nice disco tune whatever.

Got a spare you can have gratis if you want?
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

he did a half-decent French OST 45 too, 'le jeune fabre'. the flip contains a pretty good mellow funky flute track, luckily no vocals. don't pay too much.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
              'LOVE' on Demis is a Loft classic apparantly - nice disco tune whatever.

Got a spare you can have gratis if you want?
              damn, this one still eludes me... anyone else with a spare?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                is there a good album of his? a local shop to me seems ito have received his back catalogue of lps. I am sure there is a good track by him, but I can't remember what it is. I might be wrong as well.

Any help would be appreciated. There is no listening post and I don't have a portable record played. Don't want to spunk money i don't have on another bit of wack vinyl.

cheers.
                ur talkin' bout his solo stuff and not with afro's child rite?
                MODZ
                Hero No.9
                Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
                  ur talkin' bout his solo stuff and not with afro's child rite?
                  Absoultely 'cos Aphrodite's Child are really excellent in palces - notablly the 666 album.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
                    damn, this one still eludes me... anyone else with a spare?
                    Unless Dr Zoidberg shouts up, it's yours.
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Midnight Is The Time and L.O.V.E. Got A Hold On Me are both nice disco tunes, only wish Midnight was on 12" (as L.O.V.E. sound good on 12")
                      Mark GV Taylor

https://www.facebook.com/referencepointlondon

Comment

I was actually rather disappointed by L.O.V.E. - I much prefer 'Let It Happen' on 'The Demis Roussos Magic' (purple gatefold sleeve, gold lettering and a marvellously OTT Michaelangelo-style painting of the singing tent himself inside).

'Fire And Ice' is, I think, the missing link between Aphrodite's Child and his later MOR balladry - rather nice, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
                          I was actually rather disappointed by L.O.V.E.
                          it's one of my favourite tracks ever! but i only have it on the Loft CD...

although this week has been all about Desmond Dekker and the Aces 'Fu Manchu' on Beverlys. can't believe i'd never heard it before now...

Comment

Maybe I should give it another listen - I think I was rather underwhelmed by the LP in general, so maybe I may have missed something.

It happens sometimes - it takes someone to point out a really good track before I notice it properly!

Comment

the "demis roussos magic" does it for me.i think its worth it for two tracks-"i dig you"and somebody has already mentioned the other one"let it happen".and it should be easy to find....
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                              X