James Last - the funk is out there..maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by son of stan
    German, I think. Picture cover of JL and the lads arsing about on a beach.
    Cheers, sos. I'm guessing it only came out in Germany as a 45.

Just seen a James Last I've never seen before 'James Last and Astrud Gilberto' - I didn't shell out the 50p due to the 1986 date - was this a mistake? Anyone know it?
    I've only heard bits but I seem to recall it being pretty nice. Well worth 50p. It's a hard one to find too. In the UK at least.

Comment

I've been loving another Last titbit recently...well, a Stan Reynolds titbit really. It's Spinning Wheel on Stan's 'Salute to James Last Volume 2". Volume 1 isn't so great though!
      Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
        I've been loving another Last titbit recently...well, a Stan Reynolds titbit really. It's Spinning Wheel on Stan's 'Salute to James Last Volume 2". Volume 1 isn't so great though!
        is this the same version as on the (Readers Digest) Stan Reynolds - the Happy Trumpeter LP?

Comment

[QUOTE=Little Jimmy Oddman]I've been loving another Last titbit recently...well, a Stan Reynolds titbit really. It's Spinning Wheel on Stan's 'Salute to James Last Volume 2". QUOTE]

That's a quality version of Spinning Wheel - I picked that LP up just before Christmas and that track has had a fair few playings in my household since!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
            is this the same version as on the (Readers Digest) Stan Reynolds - the Happy Trumpeter LP?
            Yup, same take.
            Matt Hero

Comment

Has he got any other interesting stuff? What's the Reader's Digest one like?

Comment

from memory, rubbish besides Spinning Wheel...

Comment

That's what I figured!

Comment

bump
                    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X