bump

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    That's what I figured!

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    from memory, rubbish besides Spinning Wheel...

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Has he got any other interesting stuff? What's the Reader's Digest one like?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia
    is this the same version as on the (Readers Digest) Stan Reynolds - the Happy Trumpeter LP?
    Yup, same take.

Leave a comment:

• Xavier_Blake
    replied
    [QUOTE=Little Jimmy Oddman]I've been loving another Last titbit recently...well, a Stan Reynolds titbit really. It's Spinning Wheel on Stan's 'Salute to James Last Volume 2". QUOTE]

That's a quality version of Spinning Wheel - I picked that LP up just before Christmas and that track has had a fair few playings in my household since!!!

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
    I've been loving another Last titbit recently...well, a Stan Reynolds titbit really. It's Spinning Wheel on Stan's 'Salute to James Last Volume 2". Volume 1 isn't so great though!
    is this the same version as on the (Readers Digest) Stan Reynolds - the Happy Trumpeter LP?

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    I've been loving another Last titbit recently...well, a Stan Reynolds titbit really. It's Spinning Wheel on Stan's 'Salute to James Last Volume 2". Volume 1 isn't so great though!

Leave a comment:

• Blighty
    replied
    Originally posted by son of stan
    German, I think. Picture cover of JL and the lads arsing about on a beach.
    Cheers, sos. I'm guessing it only came out in Germany as a 45.

Just seen a James Last I've never seen before 'James Last and Astrud Gilberto' - I didn't shell out the 50p due to the 1986 date - was this a mistake? Anyone know it?
    I've only heard bits but I seem to recall it being pretty nice. Well worth 50p. It's a hard one to find too. In the UK at least.

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Originally posted by Blighty
    That's spawn and a half. Is it a UK release?
    German, I think. Picture cover of JL and the lads arsing about on a beach.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Just seen a James Last I've never seen before 'James Last and Astrud Gilberto' - I didn't shell out the 50p due to the 1986 date - was this a mistake? Anyone know it?

Leave a comment:

• Blighty
    replied
    Originally posted by son of stan
    Yep, the Hansy hoodoo is strong around this one. Earlier in the week, without looking, I found a copy of the "Happy Brasilia" 7" in a record shop within about 40 mins of first reading about it!
    That's spawn and a half. Is it a UK release?

Leave a comment:

• Blast kid
    replied
    Originally posted by vinylism
    glad it proved useful! nice to see someone dipping their toes in the james last vinyl ocean...
    very useful, I run into James Last records all the time. Too bad I didn't know that article yet when I saw a copy of that 'carribean nights' and was thinking:" pfft, stupid James Last stuff"...

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Yep, the Hansy hoodoo is strong around this one. Earlier in the week, without looking, I found a copy of the "Happy Brasilia" 7" in a record shop within about 40 mins of first reading about it!

Leave a comment:

• vinylism
    replied
    Originally posted by Blast kid
    This is an interesting topic, because I see that James Last stuff all the time, and thanks to this article, I bought Beachparty 3 today, with a nice version of 'put your hand' on it. I like that break.
    glad it proved useful! nice to see someone dipping their toes in the james last vinyl ocean...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X