Library Record Data Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library Record Data Base

Hi Guys - I have been sorting all my library records out, going through and trying to catalogue them. It's a real mixture of joy and pain as anyone who has done this will know.

I am about to embark on the Bruton mission and its a little scary. I was hoping that someone out there has ventured this ground before me and has a database with catalogue composer title etc that I could adapt.

I would appreciate any data info including libraries from KPM- Bruton- Chappell- MP2000-Parry- Select Sound.

Cheers Dan.

Sermad's the man, although i'm not sure what's happening with the Soundlibrary site...

Comment

yeah the site is up and running still.

http://www.thesoundlibrary.com/

Its fully database driven. If you want access to the data entry system then just shout and I'll sort you out.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

doh! missed out the 'the' when i tried it...

Comment

PM green man. Tom has original catalogues for a few library labels. He also has a few hundred libraries too.
          it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Serms - where's the KPMs gone?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

the kpms are hidden because I havent finished adding them. they'll come online soon im sure.

*edit - I turned the kpms on. But no tracklistings until I figure out how something um geeky.

Ive got maybe 1500 titles in the database now...

Ive got about 20 cats myself. Very useful they are too.
              Last edited by sermad; 29-01-2005, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad

Ive got about 20 cats myself. Very useful they are too.
                Not when they want feeding, serms.

Comment

sound library database

Originally posted by sermad
                  yeah the site is up and running still.

http://www.thesoundlibrary.com/

Its fully database driven. If you want access to the data entry system then just shout and I'll sort you out.
                  Hey Sermad that would be great if I could have access to the database it would be a great help.
                  I noticed you didn't include Bruton. Was it to much of a painful a task.

Forgive me but who is Tom this catalogue sounds good.

Cheers again Dan

Comment

aye sermad - thanks for putting up the KPMs again ..

I'm bedazzled at how many there are, and I know you must be tiring of these questions, but I recently found KPM 1001 (the mood modern) and 1014 (all that jazz) in an op shop down here.

They're pretty straight ahead but there are a few cuts on each that aren't too shabby, now the question is are either of these particulary notable or sought after - perhaps 1001 as the first 1000 series release ?

Comment

to be honest mate no they are not really sought after.

The only jazz libraries on kpm that command sums are the clarke boland ones on KPM INT.

Comment

cheers - I suspected as much

Comment

Interesting website. Records I feel that should be added:

PIL 9030: The Michelangelo Orchestra - Free Dimension ('76)
                          A nice easy listening jazzy record
                          PIL 9041: CONTEMPO Lp (Michelangelo Orchestra b/w The Polson Pickers) ('79)
                          Not as good as the Free Dimension Lp, but still some cool easy listening vibes by Michelangelo. The B-side sucks.

Another PIL record I have is PIL 9015: Sun ~ seeker by David Johnson. But I don't like it at all.
                          http://thejazzkid.tumblr.com

Comment

i think "all that jazz" has Tubby Hayes on, but to sell it for a good amount you need to prove this - so you need to find a copy of the CD issue that has the info.
                            http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X