I look foward to it!

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La Soul Fiend @ 28 May 2003,18:41)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wayne @ 28 May 2003,17:30)]Don Shinn  -  Keyboards
    On this point, does anybody have any info on his Temple with Prophets joint, ie ANY INFO AT ALL?

Saw it once and passed it over, but it looked really interesting, possibly proggish experimentia with beats? Is it a collaborative effort as I never can find it under the dudes name?
    I'll bring it up to the next Fresh Brillo - I promise to make it this time!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wayne @ 28 May 2003,17:30)]Pete Gage  -  Bass, Guitar, Producer
    The same Pete Gage I assume who was guitarist with (Geno Washington's) Ram Jam Band ?

Never made the connection before, I even though I new the name in connection with Elkie Brooks and had seen it when doing the research for the Schroeder article. Doh

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And why is it that when I use somebody else's computer, my drugs go missing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    mine too, but so far, no heads up..........not even a sniff. Is this gonna be another road to ultimate nothingness like my Terry Smith Fall-Out saga?

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    why do you think Im researching dada?

cos of the don shinn connection of course

A couple of boys here have 'temple with prophets' and have said it to be 'the sh*t'. Been on my wants for donkeys....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wayne @ 28 May 2003,17:30)]Don Shinn - Keyboards
    On this point, does anybody have any info on his Temple with Prophets joint, ie ANY INFO AT ALL?

Saw it once and passed it over, but it looked really interesting, possibly proggish experimentia with beats? Is it a collaborative effort as I never can find it under the dudes name?

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    Robert Palmer was in Vinegar Joe, but the Dada line up is apparently as follows ...

Elkie Brooks - Vocals
    Paul Korda - Vocals
    Don Shinn - Keyboards
    Malcolm Capewell - Wind
    Jimmy Chambers - Percussion, Vocals
    Barry Duggan - Wind
    Pete Gage - Bass, Guitar, Producer
    Martyn Harryman - Drums
    Ernie Lauchlan - Horn

Many years since I had/heard the LP but I recall it being rather patchy (but then, my tastes were different then, too: I might like it more now...)

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Wasn't Robert Palmer in the band too?

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    AMG have this review of a 1970 s/t album - sounds a bit like Vinegar Joe-type stuff...

Fronted by the talented lead singer Elkie Brooks (who was quite popular in England at the time), Dada was a short-lived band project. Sounding something like a slightly arty, British version of Delaney and Bonnie, Dada's sound was heavy, gospel-oriented rock & roll. Unfortunately, the 'heavy' part of this is where a lot of the performances on this record suffer. Oftentimes, the arrangements are too heavy for their own good, and tend to weaken under their own weight. Many of the original songs are a bit dated and somewhat mediocre, with the one notable exception "Seed of Peace." A simple, gospel-soaked piano drives the chorus, led by Brooks' excellent lead. It's a wonderful track, somewhat reminiscent of Delaney & Bonnie's "Getto." It succeeds precisely because of the understatement in its arrangement. Unfortunately, this is one of the few examples of a laidback approach on the album; they could have done more of these. — Matthew Greenwald

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    started a topic Dada

Dada

Anyone know anything about a uk prog band called 'Dada'?

Tapestry of delights gives some info but I have a feeling they might be worth checking. Anyone know otherwise?

cheers.
Working...
X