More eBay shipping blah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More eBay shipping blah...

I received an invoice yesterday for a cheap LP I won, from Italy. It included the shipping charges, as quoted in the auction description. Today I've received a second invoice, with the S+H increased by £1.50 (a whopping 37.5%, if I've done my sums correctly). I know it's rude to assume the worst of folks, but this smacks of a seller not reaching his expected price and gouging on the P+P to compensate. The question is how to get the record for the original price without incurring negative feedback? (And yes, £1.50 is not a lot of money, but it is three copies of 'Moody', godammit!!! ).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

If the seller has stated the shipping charges in the auction then that's all you should have to pay. If they've made a mistake that's not your problem. I've messed up on P&P costs before and if I undercharge I'll cover that. The best thing to do is politely ask why the increase in shipping and that you bid on it based on the shipping costs quoted in the auction. As long as your polite people tend to be cool about these things. The seller's not going to want negative feedback either. Plus as far as I'm aware ebay rules will back you.

Comment

I've already tried contacting the guy, but I get an automated response saying that he's away 'til August?!? Let's see what eBay say 'bout dis.

And it's not my morning - a Yank has just quoted me $7.50 for one 45, and is insisting on insurance (another $2.50) although I was expecting him to be flakey so I factored that into my bid.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

If you're using paypal, just send him what you think you owe...
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
          If you're using paypal, just send him what you think you owe...
          What he said.

Comment

I thought about that, and it makes a lot of sense. Cheers chaps.

Comment

It seems to me generally lately that ebay sellers have stopped being quite as helpful and friendly as they used to be. Possibly partly because you don't even need to contact each other by email anymore but just simply click pay.
              My Mixcloud

Comment

I bought a 2LP the other day from someone in canada and they quoted me $23, and $12 for surface. Which I think is the most outrageous shipping outrage I've encountered. Unless I'm wrong and shipping for 2 LPs is really that much from canada. I've often thought about saying, OK, I'll pay your crazy postage, but if the amount on the package when I receive it is anything less than that, I'll leave bad feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by francis
                  I bought a 2LP the other day from someone in canada and they quoted me $23, and $12 for surface. Which I think is the most outrageous shipping outrage I've encountered. Unless I'm wrong and shipping for 2 LPs is really that much from canada. I've often thought about saying, OK, I'll pay your crazy postage, but if the amount on the package when I receive it is anything less than that, I'll leave bad feedback.
                  Unfortunately I think there's a weight threshold for the Canadian post that means that two LPs do actually cost twice as much as one to ship. And I agree about the figure on the package - but then you get those sneaky mofo's who frank their parcels at work and all the stamp says is 'Postage Paid'.

Comment

Working...
                  X