Chico Rey and His Jet Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chico Rey and His Jet Band

I love his version of Stilletto which is on the CD version of "Sound Specturm" and some other CD compilations.

Has this ever come out on Vinyl in any form. Is there an original? Has the artist been renamed? Is there a vinyl comp with it on (it is missing from Sound Spectrum along with Mach 1 my two fav tracks from the LP!)
    My Mixcloud

Originally posted by Kinky Chris
    I love his version of Stilletto which is on the CD version of "Sound Specturm" and some other CD compilations.

Has this ever come out on Vinyl in any form. Is there an original? Has the artist been renamed? Is there a vinyl comp with it on (it is missing from Sound Spectrum along with Mach 1 my two fav tracks from the LP!)
    Yeah superb album, i got the vinyl after much lookin so it does exist. ltd pressing tho... aint saw it around much.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
      Yeah superb album, i got the vinyl after much lookin so it does exist. ltd pressing tho... aint saw it around much.
      Can you give me details of the LP? Name Label etc?
      My Mixcloud

Comment

Stiletto was a Pye single originally - I believe it's a cover of the theme from the film.

As for who Chico Rey is - no idea, but it sounds a bit like Ray Davies to me. I think the drummer is Barry Morgan, however much use that is!

Comment

I've got this 45 on Pye, yes it's a cover of the Sid Ramin film theme which also got a UK 45 release, but it's harder. I'll try to attach a scan but when I scan files, they're too big to post up, does anyone know how to reduce them?

Comment

Originally posted by mik
            I've got this 45 on Pye, yes it's a cover of the Sid Ramin film theme which also got a UK 45 release, but it's harder. I'll try to attach a scan but when I scan files, they're too big to post up, does anyone know how to reduce them?
            have you got Photoshop, Mik? If so, use the 'save for web' option in the file menu. That's the badger.
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

What's on the b-side, Mik? Is it another cover version, or an original composition? Might give some clues as to who Mr Rey really is!

Comment

Working...
              X