Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infected With Spyware/Adware HELLLLLP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infected With Spyware/Adware HELLLLLP!!!!!

I've run Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spy Sweeper and this evil fucking software is still there. It's even hijacked the window for my internet security. Anyone know any good software that I haven't tried yet?

Originally posted by Blighty
    I've run Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spy Sweeper and this evil fucking software is still there. It's even hijacked the window for my internet security. Anyone know any good software that I haven't tried yet?
    norton anti-virus? usually does the trick for me

Comment

Norton won't install on my computer any more. Too many *ahem* cracked versions installed. I need to wipe my hard drive at some point I guess.

Comment

hey mate same thing happened to my mate recently and I had to sort it for him. If its that bad you may have to consider a re-install which is what I did. However you could try avg anti virus which is free to download
        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

if you're on PC using Windows download these:

1. Microsoft Anti-Spyware (currently beta but based on a good program and works well)
          2. Spybot Search And Destroy (adware killer)
          3. The Cleaner from Moosoft (searches for trojans)
          4. SpywareBlaster

install all these freeware progs (they'll run together and all tackle slightly different things), then run each software update to get the latest definitions, then run a scan using each program.

you can also use these progs to restore your IE/connections settings and registry keys to their original defaults, and secure the registry against spyware changes.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Cheers Ed. I tried all and that and it's still there. Amusingly it comes with pop ups telling me I have spyware on my computer and giving me links to spyware removers that I can buy to remove the offending spyware. Grrr....

hey mate same thing happened to my mate recently and I had to sort it for him. If its that bad you may have to consider a re-install which is what I did.
            I've just had to do that thanks to another piece of evil spyware. I'm not having much luck at the minute.

Comment

A word of advice if you're still using the windows explorer, dont, or at least only when something doesn't work with the browser in this link...

http://www.mozilla.org/

I've been using it for a few months now and I've had no probs with pop up's, viruses or spyware.

www.sundaramusic.com

Comment

I use Advanced Browser which general works good. I may have to give Firefox another go. It's not installed any more after I reinstalled Windows.

I just stumbled across this article.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...405.DTL&nl=fix

Comment

highly recommend spybot.

also try stopzilla - it successfully blocks so much crap that is thrown at my computer.

and those ads about spyware on your computer (all the while trying to sell spyware protection) is a friggin' nightmare!!! I gotta become a programmer & get back at these people......
                  http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by djr
                    highly recommend spybot.

also try stopzilla - it successfully blocks so much crap that is thrown at my computer.

and those ads about spyware on your computer (all the while trying to sell spyware protection) is a friggin' nightmare!!! I gotta become a programmer & get back at these people......

I dont get any of that when using the Firefox browser!!!

It sometimes takes a little longer to load sites etc, but I can tolerate that.
                    www.sundaramusic.com

Comment

Yeah, I just switched to the Firefox browser, and that is helping, too.
                      http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

My advice is to have a search on here and see if anyone has been given advice for a similar problem and if not just post your problem up and someone will tell you exactly what to do. These guys are really helpful and know whats up... the vinyl vulture of computer problems even.
                        I'm just an addict, addicted to music, maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it

Comment

Apple

Comment

Originally posted by amino
                            Buy me one and I'll happily use it.

I switched to Firefox and all is well although the it's still there if I use the other browsers. I guess I'll stick with Firefox from now on. And give Rob Sterling's forum a try.

Thanks for everyone's help though. As ever VV comes through with more than just deep James Last knowledge.

Comment

Just got back from Rotterdam ( great fun ) so sorry if this is late / redundant, but I found this quite useful in trying to sort out a friend's machine . . .
                              Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Working...
                              X