Ted atking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted atking

Recently picked up "Pop Music For Dancing" by Ted Atking, which contains cheesy hammond groover "Business is Business". Have since tried to find out a bit more about Ted and failed. I was hoping people on this board may be able to provide info.

I'm thinking that Ted may be pseudonym but could be way off on this.

Thanks in advance
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

The name sounds familiar but I can't place it - can I have some more info?

He wouldn't be German by any chance, would he?

Are there any original tracks on the LP with composer credits?
    These would help.

Comment

I think I remember now - he's German (I think), and has done a lot of synthesiser based library music with a certain Alain Feanch for the German Sonoton library.
      More info than that I don't have at the moment, but it could well be a pseudonym - it sounds like one of those names German musicians come up with when they want to sound a bit English.

Any more info on the LP would still be appreciated though!

Comment

Hello Lord Thames.

The tracks on the album are co-written by Arel. I am assuming this is Jack Arel. No details on musicians. Has the look and feel of a library job.

Its on the label Concert Hall.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting.

Concert Hall were a budget priced music club that ran in Britain in the mid/late 1960s, and they licensed a lot of stuff from France, so Mr Atking is probably French - his writing partner Alain Feanch has got a French name too.

You say 'Business is Business' is co-written by Arel - very interesting, as there's a Chappell Library DMM series track of the same name which I have on a Chappell CD (Kitsch Pop 3) that is a Jack Arel/Pierre Dutour job.

I wonder if this LP is actually a commercial version of a Chappell DMM LP?

Comment

I will have to go home and get a list of the other tracks on the Ted Atking. You may be right about it being a commerical version of the Chappell.

By they way, are you based anywhere near Reading?

Comment

Funnily enough, I'm not too far away from Reading at all!
              Is that where you found Monsieur Atking? Last time I was there most of the charity shops hadn't opened yet - it was too damn early in the morning!

Comment

Ted Atking was picked up farther afield. I've never had much luck in Reading.

I'm in Reading and thought with a name like Lord Thames you may be as well.

Comment

I also have this lp, there is another one called Rhythm and Blues for Dancing. Jack Arel is behind both of these, they are infact just compilatons of some of his Chappel work which got a full release. Both are great albums.

Comment

So Ted Atking is just a pseudonym and the album is the commercial release of some Arel library stuff.

Will look out for Rhythm & Blues for Dancing

Cheers Lord Thames and llmod1.

Comment

Working...
                    X