Bollywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollywood

Any collectors of Bollywood soundtracks here?

Care to recommend me some albums!?

I only have two thus far...

Hare Rama Hare Krishna & Satyam Shivam Sundaram.
    www.sundaramusic.com

Shalimar is the classic, but I like Upaasna too - some nice stuff on there.

Comment

Shaan is good, as is Zamaane Ko Dikhane Hai.
      Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Shalimar by RD Burman is a killer album! It's got a long India-styled chacha with sitars and moog effects that I just love!
        Otherwise I borrowed the Bollywood Funk comp on Outcaste(?) on CD by a friend - and all that stuff was really good - the vinyl version entered my wantlist instantly and it could probably be useful as a guide - if I remember correctly it clearly stated what films tha tracks were from.
        Other comps are the German ones - Doob Doob O'Rama vol 1 and 2 - not exactly funky stuff (though there's some of that too) - but very good and varied...
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Sawan Bahdon is pretty decent.... one very nice Asha Bhosle track on there.
          Matt Hero

Comment

There are 2 of my favourite Bollywood Funk tunes on the "Sitar Beat Vol 2" EP. Also to discover stuff there is a cheapie 3 CD boxset called "Beginners Guide to Bollywood" which is actually a very good compilation and only costs about 7 notes. Obviously you have already head of the "Bollywood Funk" outcaste compilations. The "Golden Voices of the Silver Screen" compilation series (on vinyl) is well worth getting hold of two with volume 3 having some real stonkers on there.
            My Mixcloud

Comment

If your after funk ... you can't beat shalimar (there's no better one)
              DON has to be one of the funkiest opening tracks out there
              i also like the gambler & the great gambler

Comment

I'm not looking for funk, just good beautiful songs and the like.

www.sundaramusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                  I'm not looking for funk, just good beautiful songs and the like.

Then I would definately go for "Golden Voices of the Silver Screen" compilations
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

Several of us still have spares of Uppassna, Sawan Bandon, the one with "You And Me" on etc. Pop down a Brillo sometime if you can and trade away!

Dharmatma is my personal fave Bollywood, I like that one over Shalimar.

Escuses for all the likely spelling errors of those titles!
                    http://wakeupanddie.com
                    http://weirdgearnyc.com
                    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cope
                      What are the good tracks off 'Dharmatma' Nick? I have a 45 but I don't think it's all that.
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Does anyone know what "Hum Kisise Kum Naheem" is like? I think Burman did the music.

It's been in a local charity for a while but a little too pricey for a gamble at £10 (marked down from£16!)
                        www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cope
                          Several of us still have spares of Uppassna, Sawan Bandon, the one with "You And Me" on etc. Pop down a Brillo sometime if you can and trade away!

Escuses for all the likely spelling errors of those titles!
                          SECONDED... Dharmatma is powerful.

Also some of the heat seems to have gone off this stuff in the last few months, I got my Dharmatma off the 'bay for a quite reasonable starting bid...

I'm a bit cautious about buying them now though as there are plenty of ropey ones, pays to research your titles first and get decent sound-clips whenever possible...

Comment

people should check the opening of the movie "DON" it's great.

(cheers planman)

Comment

That opening music for Don is on the "Bombay the Hard Way" comp and indeed is probably the best thing on there.

I have the impression that it is not on the original "Don" OST release - but I haven't heard so I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X