Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul-Fiend
    replied
    [QUOTE=emperor tomato ketchup]Dunno about this one by I thought AD1 only released 2 albums: Psychedelic Underground and Paradieswarts Duul. Could basically check the tracklists against those.

Alternatively Krautrock.com says:..........

Like he said.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Dunno about this one by I thought AD1 only released 2 albums: Psychedelic Underground and Paradieswarts Duul. Could basically check the tracklists against those.

Alternatively Krautrock.com says:Posthumously released in 1984 by the Swiss label Time Wind, 'Experimente' offers up what I'm sure many of us hope to be the final leftovers from the groups famous 1968 jam session. In total, there are 24 tracks simply titled 'Special Track Experience'. Surprisingly, the material comprising 'Experimente' features slightly less percussion and is more coherent and interesting than any of the material on 'Disaster' or 'Collapsing'. Each of the 'Special Track Experience' tracks appears to be trimmed from a longer body of music, a trick that BASF should have considered before their release of the aptly titled 'Disaster'. Musically, the material shows a heavy influence from the sixties garage band sound as evidenced by the discordant 'Louie Louie' jam heard on Track 20 and the Sonics-esque sound on Tracks 10 and 11. Contrasting this is a primal melodic sound more akin to early Velvet Underground as evidenced by Track 23. However, the true gem on the album, Track 24, is an early version of a guitar riff later used on 'Archangels Thunderbird' from the album 'Yeti'. If you are thirsting for a little more Amon Duul in your life, you certainly could do worse than this album!

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    started a topic kraut question

kraut question

maybe this isn't the right forum for questions about krautrock - but if anyone can help me out it would be nice...
    at a record fair this weekend one of the few pricey (if 'bout £18 is that...) items I bought was an Amon Düül release (amon duul 1, not 2) called Experimente. It's a 2LP from 1985 but the recordings are way earlier.
    The seller said he thought that it was a reissue of 2 of their 4 original releases but he didn't know which ones and wasn't sure about this either.
    Anyone know what it is?
Working...
X