Is This Soundtrack a good find ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Soundtrack a good find ?

I was going to leave all my finds till the end of them month, but I found this and wanted to know if its worth the 50p I paid for it.

Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

That would be a BIG yes!

In the book for £120 - does it have the insert?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hi LDJB

No sadly it doesn't have the insert and yeah I must be honest I knew the value before I posted, sorry but its not often that I get to brag, so forgive me this once. I found it today in my local hospice along with a load of other good stuff (soundtracks etc), but this was the pick of the bunch. My Jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw it and I became Paranoid that everyone in the shop wanted to buy it even though it was full of old dears buying cardigans. I will list the rest of the finds at the end of the month.
      Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

Comment

nice find...

cheeky post Ziggy!

shall we let him off just this once...?? ...let he who is without sin cast the first stone...
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Escuse my rather simplistic way if seeing things, but if the music's good, would that not make it worth the 50p/make it a good find?

www.sundaramusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
            Escuse my rather simplistic way if seeing things, but if the music's good, would that not make it worth the 50p/make it a good find?

Yes - I agree but in this case finding the LP at all is good going and the price makes it an amazing score.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

It's surprising how often that turns up, not that I've been lucky enough to get one mind. I know someone who got two in a year for 50p each.
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I still reckon its only booked so high because of mentalist ONJ collectors! I bet it would drop to about £40 otherwise!
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

... isn't it booked twice, a price given for the LP with or without the poster...? If so, that kinda fits with Sermad's logic - it's O.N.J collectors causing the hotness!

... and "Spaceport" is peerless. Awesome!
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Anybody gonna let us know what this LP is like the cover is fantastic!
                    My Mixcloud

Comment

... well, the track "Spaceport" is a Hugo Montenegro composition, full of scowling strings, menacing Moogs and downtempo dopebeats.

... IMHO, it is a total one-tracker, but what a one track it is!.

(there is also a 45 from the LP, with two of the Olivia N-John track on, I don't suppose it's owt I'd be interested in like...)

Comment

'Spaceport' has been on at least one bootie LP - one of Chris McB's possibly?
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Agreed John - at least one!

When LDJB found his copy, he posted up a review of it and I think he regards it slightly higher than I do ( what I mean is... he likes more than just 'Spaceport' ! )

Comment

?!

I found an original UK "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" for 50p once. . .

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
                              'Spaceport' has been on at least one bootie LP - one of Chris McB's possibly?
                              Any more details on the boot? Who is this Chris McB
                              My Mixcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X