Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mang
    replied
    There is indeed plenty of Moog liberally splashed throughout the whole album. great spacey synth on "Taking Our Own Sweet Time" especially, and one very short and sweet track - a reprise of "Let's Move On" I think - with some Moog and trademark Hugo Montenegro "ba ba baaas". There's also a cover version of "Walking On Air" by The Second Generation, which I guess was an attempt by Philips to cash in on the success of the Young Generation. A great cover of "Tap Turns On The Water" on this one too.

Leave a comment:

• nosoul
    replied
    i aint got nuthin to do with these lps

but i know dusty fingers used to copy tunes of the dimensions series, coz the guy used to make names up and dusty fingers used to copy the made up names, bootleggin the booty, hilarious

Leave a comment:

• maWhie
    replied
    uh its on dimensions in sound 2 the artist is called toomorrow, I presume this is that track i know a couple of the tracks on the first dimensions in sound comp have been given false names e.g. it contains rene costy's scrabble under a false name.

Leave a comment:

• Si Cheeba
    replied
    Deffo on that Dimensions in Sound Series - think it was no. 2

- the green cover ?

Deeeep tune.

Leave a comment:

• Moogaloo
    replied
    Originally posted by john stapleton
    'Spaceport' has been on at least one bootie LP - one of Chris McB's possibly?
    I have head it is included on "Dusty Fingers 8" and "Dimensions In Sound 2" but I cannot see that from either tracklisting, can anyone confirm/deny either?

Leave a comment:

• Nico Gomez
    replied
    well, i was working for a music publish company for a bit and they had a fairly large vinyl library which was being put into storage. i was asked to sort through it and pack it up, anything that wasn't relevent i could have. most of it was fairly rubbish 80s pop but i did spot those 2 albums (i already had a bootleg of afro temple so knew it was fairly valuable) plus a few other bits and bobs (rare aphex twin stuff, 2 original copies of Wild Style OST).

i often wonder what other goodies i will have missed in that pile.

Leave a comment:

• The Divine One
    replied
    Originally posted by Nico Gomez
    I'm not a big money collector by any stretch, (i'm here mainly to learn rather than teach) but once in an old job i acquired (legitimately) these two in one day, for free...

Afro Temple - Sabu Martinez
    Barry Dransfield - Barry Dransfield
    Please do continue with this tale...

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Hang on a minute, are you Nico Gomez or Geoff Love? Surely you can't be both - or can you?

Leave a comment:

• Nico Gomez
    replied
    I'm not a big money collector by any stretch, (i'm here mainly to learn rather than teach) but once in an old job i acquired (legitimately) these two in one day, for free...

Afro Temple - Sabu Martinez
    Barry Dransfield - Barry Dransfield

Leave a comment:

• BoneyVotel
    replied
    Chris Mc B is a cool dude.

Leave a comment:

• Moogaloo
    replied
    Originally posted by john stapleton
    Any more details on the boot? Who is this Chris McB

Leave a comment:

• Viva Chiba
    replied
    ?!

I found an original UK "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" for 50p once. . .

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Agreed John - at least one!

When LDJB found his copy, he posted up a review of it and I think he regards it slightly higher than I do ( what I mean is... he likes more than just 'Spaceport' ! )

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    ... well, the track "Spaceport" is a Hugo Montenegro composition, full of scowling strings, menacing Moogs and downtempo dopebeats.

... IMHO, it is a total one-tracker, but what a one track it is!.

(there is also a 45 from the LP, with two of the Olivia N-John track on, I don't suppose it's owt I'd be interested in like...)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X