a little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help please

im goin to london this weekend (gotta take the girlfriend round the galleries) just wondered if there is any good shops i could pass by (by mistake on her part) im going to the gallery by nelsons column so anywhere round there worth looking at?

just been paid for the first time all year so i wanna go spend a bit and find some nice records instead of the trash i get here.

any help would be great thanks
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

... as someone relatively new to "the big smoke", I usually head for Berwick St in Soho. Nice mix of shops selling new records and reissues (Selectadisc) and 2nd hand stuff (Vinyl Junkies)...

... but I think that's about 15 mins walk from Trafalgar Square and the national Portrait Gallery tho'...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

ditto on berwick street. Do pop into reckless records there are two next to each other. The one with the basement has the rarer stuff.

I think also if I remember its the basement in vinyl junkies you need for oldies. Go past all the reggae into a little used soul section with some hidden funk intermingled

Loads of other really cheap shops there also.

If you can arrange to arrive in say oxford circus or tottenham court road tubes then a quick cut through soho to the galleries could kinda "happen by mistake".

Good luck.
      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

cool thanks

i think im gonna have to just leave the g/f at home one weekend and spend the day down there having a look round.

everytime im down i either get there to late coz im playing on the night or im with someone who just wants to get drunk
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
        X