Any help with my problem.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help with my problem.........

Anyone got a 'pat' answer for when a non-music dude or work friend or family member ask's you "So what music do you play / listen to?"

Im fed up of rhyming every genre under the sun out, only to lose them after the 1st one i mention.

I am thinking of just saying Hip Hop from now on, as that was what brought me here in the first place.
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Disco.
    or Discoluv if she's a female.
    www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

I advise against use of the term 'beat head' - it confuses people even more

Comment

......both Kinds.
        Country and Western.
        Usually Works For Me.

No Seriously.
        MODZ
        Hero No.9
        Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
        THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

"allsorts"

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
            ......both Kinds.
            Country and Western.
            Usually Works For Me.

No Seriously.
            Your CD is on it's way, guv'nor.

Comment

it's the same when you get in those 2nd record shops... and the dealer asks you what you're after ..

Comment

Originally posted by pokester
                it's the same when you get in those 2nd record shops... and the dealer asks you what you're after ..
                exactly..!

"i dunno, allsorts..."
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

When dealers ask I just say "I know what I want and if I see it I'll buy it".
                  "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                  and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

nice one BB, I like yr style! but do you not think this style of approach gets their backs up.. you know it don't take much for dealers to get all frosty wit'cha! haha!

Imagine saying that to the guy who owns Haggle Records! ho!

Comment

i my try hardest to aviod the subject,but when forced i tell them a "bit of everything apart from "dance" and "classical" and stay well away from the whole hip hop thing cause that only confuses matters further and ends up in me sayin' "thats not hip hop its (c)rap!"
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
                        Your CD is on it's way, guv'nor.
                        Bels you are fine to me, indeed, you shall dwell in the house of sarge for 6 months with an option to buy. and have gold smeared on ur gums in abundance.
                        i'm in ur debt sir.
                        MODZ
                        Hero No.9
                        Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                        THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                          nice one BB, I like yr style! but do you not think this style of approach gets their backs up.. you know it don't take much for dealers to get all frosty wit'cha! haha!

Imagine saying that to the guy who owns Haggle Records! ho!

Well... it's just so hard... and I get so tired of them sometimes...I could say "easy listening" but then they're gonna pull out some Hugo Winterhalter instead of Soulful Strings or something...
                          And if I say "country" - they probably won't pull out some cool David Alan Coe...
                          And if I say "soundtracks" they're gonna try to sell med Fame-records instead of the Lalo Schifrin I might be after...
                          And so on...
                          90% of all music in any given genre isn't any interesting - it's the 10% I'm after in like 15 different genres.
                          Dealers are always tryin' to sell off their crappiest shit for the most money they can squeeze out of it - so I try to keep a bit secretive about what I'm looking for - and avoid getting in discussions like "No, I actually don't think Bruce Springsteen has made any record I'd be interested in owning..." - that stuff usually gets them even more upset....
                          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
                            Bels you are fine to me, indeed, you shall dwell in the house of sarge for 6 months with an option to buy. and have gold smeared on ur gums in abundance.
                            i'm in ur debt sir.
                            Eeee that sounds smashin' - throw in a couple of bags of Haribo and you're on. .

Comment

Haha!

On a related note - what do you guys say to someone at work when they say things along the line of "hey, you're into records aren't you? How much is my copy of (enter name of shite album*) worth?"

*top candidates this week are the "War Of The Worlds" OST or that E.L.O. album on blue vinyl

... how do you tell them it's only so much landfill without causing offence ??

Comment

Working...
                              X