Vulture get together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulture get together

After reading of the fantastic nights at Fresh Brillo and being unable to attend so far, I wondered if anyone else had put any more thought into a location where most of the Uk Vultures could meet for a one off piss up/nerdathon?

Alright so the Soulstrut thread reminded me (sorry Raj - I get most of my best post ideas off your site anyway&#33 of this, but I think it would be a cool idea.

So far I've only met Sie and Chris (aside from Towny, Teticio and Jammin who I knew already), so it would be nice to put faces to names of the rest of the board regulars.

I know there are many of you that are London based and so the Brillo nights are perfect, however I'm sure I speak to many of those in the provinces that would like to come along to a similar event but can't get to that there London.

What do you all think?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Ive always loved the idea of this - and after laughing so hard I was crying when I speak to people from vv - I cant wait to meet other guys.

I just had the crazy notion of all of us going to the southport weekender

That would be bezerk!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (sermad @ 29 May 2003,17:42)]I just had the crazy notion of all of us going to the southport weekender  

That would be bezerk&#33;
      Never mind Southport, find a suitable field / warehouse / holiday camp and have a vv weekender&#33;
      FunkyDown
      Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ 29 May 2003,17:42)]I just had the crazy notion of all of us going to the southport weekender  

That would be bezerk&#33;
        Me &amp; Hadrian were there &#33; where were ya&#39;ll ?&#33; Nah seriously though we both work there so it wouldn&#39;t be much use and it&#39;s also a pile of doodoo now IMHO.

The only good sets i heard at the one just gone were -

DJ Spinna - SHIT HOT &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
        Andy Davies &amp; Terry Jones - AWESOME as ever
        Danny Krivit - Genius
        Osunlade - Bloody Mentalist &#33;
        Snowboy - Good as ever

Gilles peterson - PAP &#33;
        Toshio Matsuura - Embarrasing &#33;
        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

One of my best friends is moving to the Yoo-Kay so there&#39;s a good chance I&#39;ll be up on an extended visit some time next year...

So if anyone wants to let me know which pub to be at on say, May 11 2004, I&#39;ll do my best to show up with a thirst and the entire John Rowles discography...

Comment

Anybody want to buy a guzzo a ticket to Heathrow. I&#39;ll bring the SoCalPerhapsHardToFindUpNorthBreakBeatRare

Comment

The VV get together (Northern Branch) has been booked for July&#33;&#33;&#33;

more info closer to, but the general idea is a free entry bring&#39;n&#39;spin on the Salmon template...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (TOWNY @ 29 May 2003,19:09)]Toshio Matsuura - Embarrasing &#33;
                Am I missing a trick here - I&#39;ve never heard of this chap (or at least, don&#39;t think so)

Who he, and what was embarrasing about his set, Towny?

Comment

The only other weekender type things I reckon are good are the -

sonar festival in barcelona (went 2 years ago and it was mental&#33; - Its just finished. Missed it this year)

deadbeat weekender - never been but heard good things.

the big chill - amazing festival - going this year - Eastnor castle is the most beautful location. Gotan project were incredible - cinematic orchestra too. Giles peterson was utter pants as usual - someone kill earl zinger now&#33;&#33; and norman jay was cheesy as hell but quite good. random mashed people. + I took my gp3 and we had lots of cool listening sessions to the wee small hours.

This year im going to take my 2 gp3&#39;s and the mixer and have portable throw downs Its gonna be great&#33; hahaha.

sad.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Belson @ 30 May 2003,11:21)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (TOWNY @ 29 May 2003,19:09)]Toshio Matsuura - Embarrasing &#33;
                    Am I missing a trick here - I&#39;ve never heard of this chap (or at least, don&#39;t think so)

Who he, and what was embarrasing about his set, Towny?
                    He&#39;s one of the UFO geezers so i was expecting some really nice obscure Bossa and stuff, but he just played a load of mid 90&#39;s sounding &quot;Acid Jazz&quot; especially that dodgy early stuff with really obvious loops and stuff. I dunno, maybe it was just me but it seemed to go down like a lead Balloon.
                    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ 30 May 2003,12:10)]The only other weekender type things I reckon are good are the -

sonar festival in barcelona (went 2 years ago and it was mental&#33; - Its just finished. Missed it this year)

deadbeat weekender - never been but heard good things.

the big chill - amazing festival -

what about Glastonbury then?
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (sermad @ 30 May 2003,12:10)]sonar festival in barcelona (went 2 years ago and it was mental&#33; - Its just finished. Missed it this year)
                        [QUOTE]
                        it&#39;s actually on in a couple of weeks (june 12-14),so you&#39;ve not missed it yet that said,it may be a bit late to get hold of tickets....i&#39;ll be out there,looks like it&#39;s going to be a good one,prefuse 73 and dj krush amongst others....

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ 30 May 2003,12:10)]the big chill - amazing festival - going this year - Eastnor castle is the most beautful location. Gotan project were incredible - cinematic orchestra too. Giles peterson was utter pants as usual - someone kill earl zinger now&#33;&#33; and norman jay was cheesy as hell but quite good. random mashed people. + I took my gp3 and we had lots of cool listening sessions to the wee small hours.

This year im going to take my 2 gp3&#39;s and the mixer and have portable throw downs Its gonna be great&#33; hahaha.

sad.

Yo Sermad&#33;

I am a Big Chiller too&#33;

See you at Eastnor this August?

I always bring some nice and deep mixes down for every conceivable mood and occasion which at the Big Chill all seems to melt into three days of hazy, hallucinatory lushness.

after doing just about every festy in the UK worth mentioning and watching as they slide into corporate oblivion, the BC is an oasis for true music lovers everywhere. I love everything about this gig and long may it continue, although you just cant beat the groove and atmospher of your first one. For me it was the Lulworth castle gig a few years back. Boy oh boy, that was a good time, everything was just right. It was very, very special indeed.

I even managed to convince a friend to come over to this year&#39;s all the way from Miami&#33;

Gonna be Hot&#33;

And they are showing Close Encounters with live musical accompaniment&#33;
                          But, DJ Derek is the Mofo King

and hey, there aint nothing sad about the GP3 play set baby, I&#39;ll be your DJ groopie&#33;

Comment

oh my gosh sonar is in 2 weeks. I could have *sworn* I was told it had just happened.

Unless I quit my job and rob a bank there is no chance Im going. get some piccies oh beared one&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ 30 May 2003,15:12)]oh my gosh sonar is in 2 weeks. I could have *sworn* I was told it had just happened.

Unless I quit my job and rob a bank there is no chance Im going. get some piccies oh beared one&#33;
                              [QUOTE]

certainly will sir...it&#39;s gonna be ace...

Comment

Working...
                              X