WIMPLE WINCH 7" REPRESSES ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIMPLE WINCH 7" REPRESSES ?

Just observed that these are out and about. . does anyone know a UK mail order outlet that stocks them ? Found a guy in the US who looks like he has them, but I don't want to shell out extra $$$ on postage!

PM me this info if possible, to avoid the free advertising of commercial yaddayadda on the board. . .cheers!

Stockport's Finest

I'd stick my neck out and say Wimple Winch are probably the best band to come out of Stockport. 6 Months ago I noticed the appearance of these represses and they were generally all over the internet acutions for about a fiver. Their value now appears to have rocketed to about £30. I think the only way you can tell the difference (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) between a reissue and an original is the reissue has no centre. I think 500 of the Mighty Wimple Winch were repressed (again could be wrong), as for availabilty i will PM as not to advertise.
    Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

Comment

Dunno about Wimple Winch really...I love other stuff of that ilk but their records sort of underwhelm me. My loss undoubtedly.

Incidentally, a very close friend of mine, who was around in Stockport at the time and very definitely one of the in crowd, has absolutely no recollection of Wimple Winch. She rates The Toggery 5, though.
      Endless Tripe

Comment

Selectadisc in Notts had a whole bunch of these garage & psych 45 reissues, about a fiver apiece. I'd have to check if the Wimple Wynch is still among them...
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Had a look this afternoon: everyone of those 45s BUT the Wimple Winch in the racks as far as I could see...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

hmm

Cheers Col. Wolfe. I think I might well take a trip up to Intoxica. . I dunno,I I was considering buying allo f these '45's. . .because to be honest I doubt I'll ever find/be able to afford the originals! Been listeing to the 'Winch a lot recently, definitely going to pick 'em up. . .

Thanks for your help guys!

Actually, can anyone recommend the best of these reissues ? I have the Deram psych CD (and see most of those have just been reissued) but what about these. . it's really bloody tempting to just buy the lot, since it would still cost less than one original. . .

ANSWERS Its Just A Fear/You've Gotta Believe Me - reissue of the astounding freakbeat classic featured on English Freakbeat Vol 3. Columbia DB7847 $12

Australian Playboys - Sad/Black Sheep RIP This is an extremely rare, 1967 one-off single on the legendary Immediate label that changes hands for hefty sums. Fabulous psychedelic guitar work over a blue eyed soul R'n'B groove. $14

Betterdays - Here Tis/Don't Want ThatMega-rare Polydor single from 1965, the A side was also released as an even rarer Oak Label acetate a year earlier. Incredibly collectable Beat/R'n'B in the early Pretty Things vein. $14

CALEB A Woman Of Distinction/Baby Your Phrasing Is Bad Caleb was the name under which guitarist Caleb Quaye released one single in 1967. It's been rumored that Reg Dwight (aka Elton John) was on the keyboards. $14

CARNABY JUMP AND DANCE Each is strictly Limited to 500 copies only. U.S./Jukebox sized centre ie: large centre hole and all original labels have been faithfully reproduced. As with the originals, these will also become future collector's items and due to the small run will probably sell out almost instantly. Be quick, do not miss this! IMPORT $12

CRAIG - I Must Be Mad/SuspenseIt has to be mentioned that all of the above singles are some of the most sought after titles ever. If you were to buy originals, assuming of course you could find them in the first place, you would need a very kind and accommodating bank manger and a purse in excess of £3000!!! $12

DARWINS THEORY - DAY TIME/HOSANNA - psyche/freakbeat classic! $14

DOUBLE FEATURE - Baby Get Your Head Screwed On/ $12

EYES Man With Money/You're Too Much Arguably "the" mid sixties Freakbeat group with their stonkingly rare 3rd 1966 release. The speaker shredding flipside You're Too Much contains some monsterous fuzz guitar work and has been regarded as their finest moment! $14

Eyes - My Degeneration/Immediate Pleasure - Arguably "the" mid sixties Freakbeat group who released this Mod Anthem on Mercury in 1966 in response to The Who's "My Generation". Was originally banned by the BBC and is currently "the" number one record in Brighton coffee shops. Get it while you can! $14

FACTORY - Path Through the Forest/Gone - Very rare UK psych '67 - MGM reissue - Three boys from Surrey in England at the height of Jimi Hendrix and the whole flower power fantasy of the summer of love. Ltd edition imp. $14

FAIRIES - GET YOURSELF HOME/I'LL DANCE $14

FINN, MICKEY - GARDEN OF MY MIND/TIME TO START... $14

FLEUR DE LYS, LES- Circles E.P.- Beautiful repro single from two Inmediate Records 7"s. Four great mod freakbeat cuts. Imp $12

FLEUR DE LYS Mud In Your Eye/Ive Been Trying $12

GAME - Its Shocking What They Call Me/Help Me Mummys Gone A psychedelic mindblower from 1967. Limited to 500 copies only. $12

GOINS, HERBIE -& THE NIGHT TIMERS - NO. 1 IN YOUR HEART/CRUISIN $12

HAMILTON & THE MOVEMENT - I'M NOT THE MARRYING KIND/MY LOVE $12

HIM AND THE OTHERS - SHE'S GOT EYES THAT TELL LIES $14

HUSH, THE `ELEPHANT RIDER/GREY`` UK GARAGE REISSUE $14

In B Tweens - You Better Run/Evil Witchman This impossibly rare and mega-expensive 1966, Kim Fowley produced, release was in fact Slade before two name changes and featured Noddy Holder. They then went on to become Ambrose Slade, and the rest they say is history! $14

KIRKBYS ,- Its A Crime/I've Never Been So Much In Love $12

LONGBOATMEN - Only In Her Home Town/Take Her Any Time- Rare as hens teeth Freakbeat monster from 1966! U.S./Jukebox sized centre Import $12

Magic Lanterns - I Stumbled/Rumplestiltskin - A psychedelic rarity from 1966 that's worth a mint. This pop/sike gem by the band formally know as The Sabres was their second single and the B side "Rumplestiltskin" was penned by Graham Gouldman. Get it while you can! $14

Mickey Finn - The Sporting Life/Night Comes Down - Very first 1965 Columbia single by this legendary band which featured a very young Jimmy Page on guitar and was produced by Shel Talmy. Stonking Mod influenced R'n'B worth its weight in gold, don't miss it! $14

MIKE STUART SPAN - Children Of Tomorrow/Concerto Of Thoughts Pressed as a 500 only release. Mega-rare and mega-desirable. U.S./Jukebox sized centre. import $12

MILLER ``BABY I GOT NEWS FOR YOU/THE GIRL WITH THE CASTLE``(COLUMBIA) UK GARAGE REISSUE $14

MOVING FINGER - Shake & Finger Pop/Higher & Higher Formerly Gary Freeman & The Contours, then The Anglians and in 1969 as Moving Finger they released this psych/soul rarity which nowadays commands tidy sums of money! $14

ONE IN A MILLION - Fredereek Hernando/Double Sight $12

PANDAMONIUM -No Presents for Me/ The Sun Shines $12

PAPER BLITZ TISSUE -Boy Meets Girl/Grey Man $12

PENNY PEEPS - Little Man with a Stick/'Model Village UK garage reissue. $14

REBEL ROUSERS -Should I / As I Look (Fontana) $14

Sands - Listen To The Sky/Mrs Gillespies Refrigerator Mega release from 1967. Innocuous pop-sike that develops into a psychedelic haze with sirens before concluding with Holst's Mars from The Planet Suite. Mind blowin' stuff. $14

Shyster - Tick Tock/That's A Hoe down This awesome 1968 release is an extremely rare and expensive single to acquire nowadays. This is partly because this was The Fleur De Lys recording under a pseudonym. Mega!!! $14

SOUTHERN SOUND Just The Same As You/I Dont Want To Go Stonkingly rare and sought after Freakbeat gem from 1966. Limited to 500 copies only.U.S./Jukebox sized centre. IMPORT $12

SYNDICATS - On The Horizon/Crawdaddy Simone Cat No: Columbia DB7686 $12

TINTERN ABBEY ``VACUUM CLEANER/BEESIDE`` D-164 (DERAM) UK GARAGE REISSUE $14

V.I.P's - Straight Down To The Bottom/In A Dream Staggeringly rare third 1967 release by the band that went on to become Art in 1967 and later became Spooky Tooth. A fantastic slab of beat/R'n'B that featured the talents of Mike Harrison and Keith Emerson. Get it while you can! $14

VIPs - Shes No Good/Dont Keep Shouting At Me - Staggeringly rare 1964 release by the band that went on to become Art in 1967 and later became Spooky Tooth. A fantastic slab of beat/R'n'B that featured the talents of Mike Harrison. Also get it while you can! $14

VOICE Train To Disaster/Truth $12

WIMPLE WIMCH - Save My Soul-/ Everybody's Worried. (Fontana) Reissue of veryrare 60's UK psych . Ltd quantities. $12

WIMPLE WINCH - Rumble on Mersey Square $12

WINSTON'S FUMBS ``REAL CRAZY APARTMENT/SNOW WHITE`` RCA-1612 (RCA) $14
            Last edited by Viva Chiba; 14-02-2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

?!

Cheers Col. Trying to sneak out of work and get to bloody Berwick Street to hunt 'em down.

Are the Eyes 7" any good ? "My Degeneration" etc ? The title has appeall. Hmmmmmmm. I know all this stuff is on compilations, but it's much nicer to have them on vinyl. . .

There also appear to be about 4 box sets of Deram stuff pending under the title of "Great British Psychedelic Singles". . apparently 500 only issue box sets. Was going to see if I could encounter any in my travels. Allegedly these are legit UK reissues and Tintern Abbey is in the 1st box set. . .

Comment

Rubble ?

Originally posted by Viva Chiba
                I know all this stuff is on compilations, but it's much nicer to have them on vinyl. . .

Why not get a vinyl compilation ! The Rubble series is very nice especially the 180 Gram Reissues LP's. Here is a list of all the Rubble issues

http://www.marmalade-skies.co.uk/rubble.htm

loads of wimple winch stuff on there, even tracks that were never issued on vinyl at the time including Lollipop mind and marmalade hair.
                Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

Comment

?!

Just picked up a few of these. Reckless Berwick St have a few, and Selectadisc think they can order 'em. .. will call in tomorrow and see which are available.

I'd prefer '45s. .. I already have the 1st Rubble comp, which is great, but '45s usually play a bit better and have more longevity (if treated with a little respect). Plus if I ever play out, they might get used.

One of the tunes you recommended (can't remember if it was Hush or the Longboatmen) is f&^*^(£&*%$£ great. Will definitely get the stuff on Col's list first to avoid certain disappointment. . .

Will definitely seek the rest of these out. There are a few vol 1 & 2 boxsets on the web. .. going to order one nowish.

Comment

Rubble 13 is highly recommended. It has the greatest slice of fuzzed out pop on there - the gong with the luminous nose!

Also has force five - yeah Im waiting. Loads more to check. Classic stuff.
                    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe

Your friend must have frequented the Sinking Ship club then, as it was Stockport's premier Mod club at the time. If she did then she must have seen Wimple Winch loads as they were the resident band. They were called The Just Four Men/The Four Just Men prior to the releases on Fontana.
                      Yep. Correct. Thanks. The Four Just Men reference did the trick. How cool is that?

I am reliably informed that the club was later known as The Mojo.
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                      X