Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Crawford

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Randy Crawford

    Would anyone recommend the solo LP's from Randy Crawford? I just saw her debut, but left it because I'd blown my £6.50 already!
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

  • #2
    Her debut, featuring as vocalist on one of Steve Hacketts first albums after leaving Genesis?

    Comment


    • #3
      No, it was 'Everything Must Change'. I've read some nice reviews on Amazon so will give it a punt.
      Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Belson
        Her debut, featuring as vocalist on one of Steve Hacketts first albums after leaving Genesis?
        I sure her recording debut is on Cannonball Adderley's Big Man - the Legend of John Henry LP.
        Sleeve notes say it was?
        boney
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

        Comment


        • #5
          .. yeah, I'll second that Boney...
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BoneyVotel
            I sure her recording debut is on Cannonball Adderley's Big Man - the Legend of John Henry LP.
            Sleeve notes say it was?
            boney
            Was it as a lead vocalist, or backing? The Hackett LP claims the same thing, and she took lead vox on that.

            I do not have that Cannonball LP - I am slipping.

            Comment


            • #7
              ... you aren't missing much Greg, IMHO - I could list you 5 Adderley LP's that I'd listen to before this one...
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

              Comment


              • #8
                That's kind of what I was thinking/hoping - I've got a stack of Cannonball schtuff, just not that one.

                Noicely.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Belson
                  That's kind of what I was thinking/hoping - I've got a stack of Cannonball schtuff, just not that one.

                  Noicely.
                  Black Sheep samples for the hip hoppers.
                  It aint all bad. Broomstick is nice & quirky, Used on MTWGC by AV.
                  Put it next to Soul of the Bible & there is only 1 winner Belson my man....
                  You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BoneyVotel
                    Put it next to Soul of the Bible & there is only 1 winner Belson my man....
                    Gotcha !

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X