Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Sign Up Thread - BYKER GROOVE !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Sign Up Thread - BYKER GROOVE !

BYKER GROOVE !

... it's just the working title (thanks Matt Hero!) but we like it ...

OK guys, we've returned from Scotland battle weary and (some of us) with bruises in strange places and I'm sure I'm not the only one with a priceless record now residing in the wrong sleeve :herb: ...

So, with memories of a fantastic weekend still strong in what's left of your pickled brain, here's a thought for you...

FANCY DOING IT ALL AGAIN ???

Mr Sayer has been doin' a little arranging/organising work over the past couple of weeks and so would like to invite you all to join him for a "Dig Everything" style event...

Newcastle
    Sunday 29th May (the Bank Holiday weekend)
    The Tanners (next to Byker Bridge)

.. the fine detail is yet to be fixed, but basically Sayer has got this place from 2pm until closing...

Whaddya say ??

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Oh, go on then. Any suggestions on accomodation?
    Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
    Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Err, I dunno. But I'd recommend you get something close to the Quayside as then you're within staggering distance or just 3 quid in a taxi. I'll get Sayer on the case and get back to you.

... free drinks whilst you are DJing...

... I'll also try to find out if there's anything going off on the Saturday night we can tag along to ( Flip Da Script perhaps?? )
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Oh, the horror!!!

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Er, that's a yes...
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

... cheeky. anyway, both LDJB and Hadrian Elephant have visited The Tanners, so perhaps they'll post up that it's an OK venue.

There's no limiter on the sound system either. In fact, I was once told to "turn it up a bit" by the Bar Manager. Whoot!

Comment

Provisional yes.... on the basis that I won't get bottled for playing 'Oh When The Saints...' to open my 'set'.
              Matt Hero

Comment

... I'll make sure there's a bottle of Tanquaray ready for your arrival...

( does the date coincide with the Mag's v Saints footie then ?? )

Comment

Well I can't let the side down so make it four out of four heroes.
                  http://www.myspace.com/colinmillar

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                    ... I'll make sure there's a bottle of Tanquaray ready for your arrival...

( does the date coincide with the Mag's v Saints footie then ?? )
                    Seasons done by then, no ? Well, the season's *already* done for us. Just to not to leave you out Sie, I'll also burn a picture of Francesco Biano at the same time.....
                    Matt Hero

Comment

Rotta! see you in The Championship, buddy...

.. of course, the season will be over by the end of May... :doh: :doofus:

Comment

I'm in (subject to approval from the missus) - don't understand the footie chat though.

The Tanners is indeed OK - nowt to worry about on that front.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Wow a home gig,
                          I shall check the diary!
                          don't seem to have anything planned
                          I'm off boarding this weekend with "our kid" so I'll see how we can get involved to make it a goodun!
                          Could get some cheap flyers done off our boy matt,
                          and James & Sayer could distribute them as they travel the Toon looking for cheap tat in charity shops? an idea?
                          http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
                          http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
                          http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

I think Sayer's got the poster/flyer deal all sorted out, he's just looking to confirm some names...

Any chance you Flippa's could get a gig for us all somewhere in Newcastle on the Saturday night, for those who show up early..? Or recommend a night for us to go to..?

Comment

I'm up for this one
                              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Working...
                              X