Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just checking. Rap de Rap question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just checking. Rap de Rap question.

    One of the Hero boys (think it was) played a Freshco & Mo Rock Hip Hop 12" on Sunday.
    Ive got it somewhere, but hearing it in a club sounded wicked & made me realise that it is indeed Freshco of Frescho & Miz / We Dont Play fame (DMC rap champ). Im Right aint I, or was I just imagining it.
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

  • #2
    ... haven't they posted up their playlist ??? check the "dig everything" thread matey!
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah Ive check it.
      My real queery was if the rapper was the same Freshco as on the US 12", sure sounded like him to me.
      You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

      Comment


      • #4
        .. sorry, misread your question dude... :doofus:
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BoneyVotel
          One of the Hero boys (think it was) played a Freshco & Mo Rock Hip Hop 12" on Sunday.
          Ive got it somewhere, but hearing it in a club sounded wicked & made me realise that it is indeed Freshco of Frescho & Miz / We Dont Play fame (DMC rap champ). Im Right aint I, or was I just imagining it.
          I played 'Its Working' by Freshski & Mo Rock from 'The Long Awaited Paroxysm' EP. Its not the same guy as Freshski's from the UK (as were all the records I played on Sunday) and Freshco's from the US as far as I know. Still the track is great but does sound better when played loud, preferably without added needle skips and scrapes.
          http://www.myspace.com/colinmillar

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah nice one Colin.
            He's a dead ringer though.
            Ive got both 12"'s & will check with a less fuzzy brain.
            Yeah, it was all UK. Good Call.
            Im digging those CD's in the car aswell. They were up for grabs I take It?
            That Jose Feliciano track is good, a new one on me.
            You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BoneyVotel
              Im digging those CD's in the car aswell. They were up for grabs I take It?
              That Jose Feliciano track is good, a new one on me.
              They were meant for the punters but as they were a bit thin on the ground any left over were for anyone who wanted them.
              http://www.myspace.com/colinmillar

              Comment


              • #8
                Speaking of Freshco & Miz

                Comment


                • #9
                  now that WAS a dope e.p. and a good first track on sunday night.
                  was it called 'spectacular varnacular'? it samples cosmic sea on one track if my memory serves me well. were they from manchester???
                  kraut rock ist nicht tot!
                  http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
                  http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DOKO*ENO
                    now that WAS a dope e.p. and a good first track on sunday night.
                    was it called 'spectacular varnacular'? it samples cosmic sea on one track if my memory serves me well. were they from manchester???

                    nah, they were from laaandan...one of the best british hip hop records i own i reckon.....anyone got the other single they released? (the name escapes me at the moment?
                    http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

                    http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i'm right in thinking that was the same mo rock who went on to dj for silver bullet innit? that guy's production was pretty fresh for the time ( mike curb congregation break etc....) "he spins around" by silver bullet/mo rock is a good/wierd one an' all....
                      http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

                      http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i like that ep too one of my faves.thanks to nige for that one.ive got the previous one on "tuf groove".i know need another copy of "jus bad"(mc mello and monie love) though!
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mr sayers
                          i like that ep too one of my faves.thanks to nige for that one.ive got the previous one on "tuf groove".i know need another copy of "jus bad"(mc mello and monie love) though!
                          yeah, i've been after that jus baad as well for years...no joy though...
                          http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

                          http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BoneyVotel
                            That Jose Feliciano track is good, a new one on me.
                            I'm a bit of a Jose fan - which track is it that's taken your fancy?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The one we used on the mix was 'You're Taking Hold of Me' which I think was on 'Bag of Soul' LP. A nice LP and very easy to find.
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X