Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toledohiphop.org

WHAT UP!

Ok, this is Terry Lawson, speaking to represent ToledoHipHop.Org. We came together via a Black Studies program, a community technology center, and the local hip hop community. This is a community project here in Toledo, but I am speaking to you because we want to reach out. Sharing info, learning from all of you, and taking the challenge to push aside the corporate rap and come real from the grass roots. Your insight and hopefully your support is greatly appreciated.

So for starters here are our first points of unity.

1. We have respect for old school, the origins of hip hop radical culture.

2. We work as a collective, in a process that celebrates unity.

3. We began with a connection to community information centers and the Open Source movement.

4. All conscious and progressive perspectives are welcome in ToledoHipHop.org.

5. We are all forms of hip hop music, image making, body movement and art, and all forms of language use, into a total life style.

6. Our aim is cultural revolution.

7. We want unity in hip hop, uniting hip hop networks in all communities, and all movements for social justice.

8. We strive for excellence in form and content in our art and in our lives.

9. We are building economic development.

10. Our philosophy is Sankofa - looking back to be born again for tomorrow.

Waiting on a holla back. Let us hear from you - can you get with these ten points? Any further clarity needed? Any body want to share some points with us based on the unity you and your crew have hammered out?

A lot of people have gotten caught up in the "I, me, my" sort of thing, but we have raised the standard to the "we, us, and out" level and for that we have agreed to fight for consensus, for unity, for the future, you understand. Were eager to hear from you.

Hola mi hermano,
    guarde el hacer de lo que usted está haciendo a mi amigo
    tiene diversión y goce de la buena salud.

respecto!
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Working...
    X