• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEATH PROOF TARANTINO

anyone know why this sells for so much?
    i just checked popsike and it lists loads sold for over 100 euros

is it rare?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Only one for sale over on Discogs for £100+, lot of people have it there wants, seems like popsike is right!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Could it be that this novelty is the answer?? - "Every record has a unique blood splatter pattern.
      Pressed on "blood splattered" color vinyl."
      https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Ahh!! This was £3 in Fopp and I only bought one.
        www.45cat.com
        http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

I bought about 5, gave a couple away and sold the others for 10-15 quid on Discogs (which seemed nice at the time). Should have held onto them for longer, seems to be selling at 75-100 quid, with 10 Discogs sales in last 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
            Ahh!! This was £3 in Fopp and I only bought one.
            That was my thought too. Except I didn't even buy one.

'Il Gatto A Nove Code' was released by Dagored, so I'm guessing the Morricone track isn't the reason. In fact I can't spot any track that isn't available elsewhere on record for less. Curious.

I would imagine that many of the 'wants' on Discogs are from flippers hoping to catch a bargain and resell it, but Popsike doesn't suggest that it's a temporary bubble as far too many have sold for silly money. Although it looks as though it was still possible to buy a 'cheap' (i.e. ten times the Fopp price) copy about a year ago. And it's not exactly rare, so why is demand outstripping supply? The vinyl futures market?

...Actually, it looks like this the case for 'Reservoir Dogs', 'Jackie Brown' and 'Django Unchained' too. Since when did Tarantino's compilations become collectable?
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

sold my Fopp £3 for about 70 quid a year or so ago ... not that great is it ? flog it I say !!
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Most of the tracks on this are cheap ... P.G.A is a 75p record while Dozy, Beaky Mitch and Tick still turns up in chazzas.
                The April March Lp has shot up though.... I got mine on Amazon for a tenner a year ago now its shot up though
                sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

mine was £3 in fop. I only bought it because at the time I was buying coloured vinyl to stick on a wall when I moved house.
                  I still haven't moved.
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

great film mind shows a darker side to kurt russell
                    ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

that films sucks massive donkey dick what a pile of fucking shit!
                      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                        that films sucks massive donkey dick what a pile of fucking shit!
                        I think most of his films are pretty guff.

The bits that are good from his films, you later find are pinched from obscure Asian and Antipodean B-movies.

He's the Primal Scream of film directors.

www.45cat.com
                        http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
                          I think most of his films are pretty guff.

That would be over rating the ones I've seen, don't think I've made to the end of one of films yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                            mine was £3 in fop. I only bought it because at the time I was buying coloured vinyl to stick on a wall when I moved house.
                            I still haven't moved.
                            I'd get it banged up on Discogs mate, and treat yourself to a couple of your wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                              sold my Fopp £3 for about 70 quid a year or so ago ... not that great is it ? flog it I say !!
                              Me too - they had tons of copies when I bought one and that was only to hear the April March tune again - pressing was really bad too I seem to remember. ...wish I'd picked up a couple more now.
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                              X