Good UK Vanity/Private Press Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good UK Vanity/Private Press Records

Please add your recommendations for decent UK decent UK private/vanity press records to this thread. The type of music doesn't matter.

The LP's on the Working Man's Soul releases should be well known to most on here, so I suggest we leave them off.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Roy Williams Trinity - A Touch of Class (Hillside)

Contains a fuzz-tastic reworking of Billy Swan's Don't Be Cruel cover:
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Roy Williams Trinity - Good News In Town (Hillside)

Contains the very bizarre 'Take Me To Your Disco'

Comment

new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Microwave - The World Is Still Revolving (Wolsey)

School project from Ipswich.

Contains 'Where Are You Love'

Also contains 'I Think I'm In Love' but I can't find a youtube clip of that

Comment

Comment

Mr Reject - Same (?)

Contains 'Hello Stranger' & 'Heading Back Home' but I can't locate any clips. Can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                Mr Reject - Same (?)

Contains 'Hello Stranger' & 'Heading Back Home' but I can't locate any clips. Can anyone help?
                Boney may be able to help

Here's 'Disco' from his copy of the same LP: http://www.forumusic.co.uk/boney_votel.html

Comment

Comment

Great thread Hayden mate, hope Fuz sees it and joins in!
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Saw this bunch of space rockers at The Woolpack in Hertford, very early eighties. They were flogging their own 12", at the gig.

[IMG][/IMG]

You Shouldn't do that..............
                      Everyone tear down your own little wall
                      That keeps you from being a part of it all
                      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                        Roy Williams Trinity - A Touch of Class (Hillside)

Contains a fuzz-tastic reworking of Billy Swan's Don't Be Cruel cover:
                        Been looking for one of these ever since Jared in NYC recommended it to me. Never had a sniff of one though!

Comment

Not sure if the Ocho Rios Showband lp on the Tank label is a private press or not. In fact I was surprised to see it listed on popsike, must be those breakz.
                          Anyway, there's a good version of Night Fever on there

http://www.popsike.com/OCHO-RIOS-SHO...516218033.html

And this is all there was on youtube, breakz!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcINzyGL_SM
                          Last edited by medlar; 20-08-2013, 01:55 PM.
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Theory from Waxi-maligned picture book 'Enjoy the Experience' - private press records with covers of complicated songs (eg. MacArthur Park or Proud Mary) always worth a punt as amateur musicianship is stretched thus increasing the chance of mutation...

If true is there a classic British example of a 'complicated song' turning up on these?
                            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I think Ron Warren Ganderton deserves a mention here, doesn't he? I only have "Guitar Star" but that is fabulous. The second LP has been reissued, some soundclips here:http://www.onekindfavor.net/p/sound-ceremony_24.html
                              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Working...
                              X