any Barbara Moore fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Barbara Moore fans?

I know that Barbara Moore sound is popular in Japan but If any of you are into it too, I found a US 45 today at a record fair of 'Tea For Three / Sunny' off the Voices In Latin LP on Morgen. A new one on me, and just thought it might be interesting to people if they didn't know it existed.
    My haul today at the shitty Sheffield record fair has made me determined to spend more time in the 'field ' this year, as I've spent all last year pretty much Ebay only, I forgot the buzz of taking risks on crapnel for shrapnel.
    Also got today (all 45s £1)
    Al Hirt - Honey Pot 45 (great Booker T version off the Soul In The Horn LP)
    Three Dog Night - I can hear you calling
    Ray Agee - leave me alone
    the rugby's - you, I
    Della Reese - It Was a very good year (on canadian 'sparton')
    Crowns - jerking the dog (Pama) (much better than King Hannibal version)
    a quite nice folky psych LP by 'Split Level' on Dot
    Kellys Hero's soundtrack
    and a great LP by Benny Golson called 'Turn On, Tune in to the hippest commercials of the 60s' on verve from '68. Very cheesy 'pa pa paaa' type stuff but some great breaks and funky bits. Does anyone know this, it's got a great cover with a psychedelic TV on it.

Fucking on safari this year me, all you South Yorkshire diggers might as well stay at home

I had a UK promo of 'Hideaway/Tea For Three'. I sold it to someone in.....*drumroll*.....Japan. Is that US 45 a promo too, Mik?

Comment

yeah on Pulsar. I didn't know there was a UK issue too - not as surprising knowing that.
      * bloody hell, that Benny Golson LP's been re-issued on CD. That's the problem with digging in the wild, you think you've found something interesting and then you find out you could have sat on your arse and got it on Ebay anyway.
      Last edited by mik; 20-02-2005, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X