X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping & Postage 2

I think I'm finally done with US ebay purchases. This from G45 Central

http://www.g45central.com/forum/inde...64/#post-19967

Seems like there's little chance of those $20 + purchases slipping through unnoticed now there's a third party involved

Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

A couple of months ago I bought something cheap from eBay USA (for my car, not record related) and had to pay the shipping and customs duties through a third party during the check out procedure. If I'd've realised before I clicked the BIN I wouldn't have bothered
    North of the River Cole

Comment

To the original poster of that thread, there's no way a buyer from the UK would know that they would have to deal with the automatic customs stuff. Happened to me 2 or 3 times now with no indication beforehand.

On a similar topic, has anyone else noticed in the last 2 weeks, your local postal staff asking what's inside the parcel you are sending? Not if it's worth anything, but what it is? Like a parrot I've been saying "It's a record" while getting equally confused/frustrated because it's ALL the same shape & weight. Is this a new legal requirement to ask the customer or what.

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
      I think I'm finally done with US ebay purchases. This from G45 Central

http://www.g45central.com/forum/inde...64/#post-19967

Seems like there's little chance of those $20 + purchases slipping through unnoticed now there's a third party involved

Comment

From the G45 thread, it seems ebay have automatically signed up all US sellers to the GSP. It's up to the sellers to opt out.
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Had it yesterday, asking what was in my parcels. Wasn't really listening, but I think she also asked "no tokens or vouchers?" or something like that?
          North of the River Cole

Comment

theres new restrictions on what you can send, you cant send batteries for example.
            they have to ask, though if you were sending something restricted, your hardly likley to say yes are you?
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Sorry if this is a dumb question but this is all completely confusing to me.
              I am about to send a 35€ record to the US. Is there anything I should pay attention to beforehand?
              All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                Sorry if this is a dumb question but this is all completely confusing to me.
                I am about to send a 35€ record to the US. Is there anything I should pay attention to beforehand?
                no, there's no import tax for items going into the usa

Comment

Cheers.
                  All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                    theres new restrictions on what you can send, you cant send batteries for example.
                    they have to ask, though if you were sending something restricted, your hardly likley to say yes are you?

Lithium batteries in particular are a big thing in the shipping world at the moment - well, the last few years really. If not packed correctly they can catch fire. Been known to destroy aircraft. For my work I have to do IATA revalidation courses every two years so I can continue shipping dangerous goods by air. Lithium batteries form a big part of that training now. It really concerns shipping large amounts of them, but it seems the Post Office is getting jittery too

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...w-un-rule.html
                    North of the River Cole

Comment

[QUOTE=Great Day;524043]To the original poster of that thread, there's no way a buyer from the UK would know that they would have to deal with the automatic customs stuff. Happened to me 2 or 3 times now with no indication beforehand.
                      QUOTE]

maybe it's a bit hit and miss as i've definitely seen it highlighted on a few US based sellers. usually under the automatic postage details. i've avoided those i've seen, but then again i did buy some 45s off a guy who also said he wasn't aware of being enrolled in the scheme and contacted me directly to sidestep it.

Comment

Working...
                      X