Blo - Chapter one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blo - Chapter one?

Some of you might remember this thread, where I talked about the possibility of buying a BLO in fair condition.

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...highlight=fair

So, the guy made me a new offer. He wants to sell me the one in VG condition for 650 €. It's still a lot for a record, but I kinda want it.

Here's a pic of the cover

Record plays with constant light crackles and minor noise , has only light scratches, which don't overpower the music .

So VG should be correct. As you might know, two Ex copies have recently been sold for +- 2500 €.

Sorry to bother you with this, but it's (a lot) more than I've ever spent on a record, so would be interested in your point of view.

Is this a no-brainer, or still an expensive record?

Thanks for your advice ...

About to get the deluxe reissue treatment from mr bongos

Comment

Yes, I ordered mine too. But that wasn't really my question.

Comment

the cover of the g/g one has on cdandlp looks better than the vg one unless back is in bits. that looks skated to hell.

it's up to you though - your money - me i'd rather just have reissue and buy a flight to nigeria and have a laugh failing to find an og rather than a rough copy for the same money. everyone's differnt though
        Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

Comment

Originally posted by chimptown View Post
          the cover of the g/g one has on cdandlp looks better than the vg one unless back is in bits. that looks skated to hell.

it's up to you though - your money - me i'd rather just have reissue and buy a flight to nigeria and have a laugh failing to find an og rather than a rough copy for the same money. everyone's differnt though
          I know you are obsessing about this so it might be easier just to buy the damn thing to put yourself out of your misery. However do you feel that you can get some great enjoyment out of an expensive vg. Each time you listen to it are you not gonna be cursing all that constant crackling? Me I like taking cheap punts on g and vg records so I can pva them but I dont punt on the expensive ones cos its just not that sucessful.
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Did he grade the cover? Or just send you a picture. Cos I wouldn't say that cover was VG...

I wouldn't do it by the way that cover looks. Offer him 400 cash!
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I couldn't do it ... but that's just me - good luck whatever you do !!
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                I know you are obsessing about this so it might be easier just to buy the damn thing to put yourself out of your misery. However do you feel that you can get some great enjoyment out of an expensive vg. Each time you listen to it are you not gonna be cursing all that constant crackling? Me I like taking cheap punts on g and vg records so I can pva them but I dont punt on the expensive ones cos its just not that sucessful.
                Well, yes, but if I buy it and regret it, will I be able to shift it for the same price ...

Maybe it's like you said, I should stop obsessing about it, and NOT buy it, and enjoy the reissue (which should be arriving any day now).

Pff, I hate record collecting. I should pick up flower arranging or something

Comment

650!

mental

i wouldnt even spend 10% of that on a record.
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Fuck it off and spend £100 indulging yourself in another way, preferably not record related. I personally would get more fun out of buying a bike or a holiday than I would a super-expensive record.
                    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

The two copies on cdandlp are the copies I've been talking about

Comment

My opinion is: don't do it.

Main Reason: You're obviously in doubt. My policy is: when in doubt, don't do it. It sounds like you have to convince yourself of buying it, while it should be the record that convinces you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mescal View Post
                          The two copies on cdandlp are the copies I've been talking about
                          Yeah guessed as much - dont understand how g copy has nicer cover than vg one tho unless back of g one is destroyed
                          Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

Comment

Originally posted by djvw View Post
                            My opinion is: don't do it.

Main Reason: You're obviously in doubt. My policy is: when in doubt, don't do it. It sounds like you have to convince yourself of buying it, while it should be the record that convinces you.
                            I'd agree - just because it's 1/4 ->1/3 of the price of a mint one, doesn't make it a bargain at that level - in some ways, buying a mint one at 2.5k would be better value, since at least you' be fairly sure of shifting it: with this one, the next person along will be tortured as you are about it.
                            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Yeah guessed as much - dont understand how g copy has nicer cover than vg one tho unless back of g one is destroyed
                              Yep, definitely destroyed. Taped, sticky, torn ...

Comment

Working...
                              X