Popsike for CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popsike for CDs

My girlfriend wants to get rid of some cds and she wonders if she might get more for some of them on ebay than she would by taking them to a shop. Is there a site like popsike that can give a rough idea to the finishing prices of cds?
    Cheers once again.

no not really , either completed listings in ebay or amazon uk to see if they're rare or oop

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
      no not really , either completed listings in ebay or amazon uk to see if they're rare or oop
      discogs too, for current market scarcity/ pricing...

Comment

While I personally wouldn't sell them anything, Music Magpie is quite useful. You type in the barcode number and they make you a cash offer. Usually about 30p or something - which roughly translates to a £3 CD. In which case, take them into Fopp or a local shop and just get a quid a pop trade in. But if you get offered more than a quid, it's more than likely "something" and there's a top limit of £3 they offer. If you see that "jackpot!" you've got a rare-ish CD*.

Think the world of CD collecting is a bit weird, seems to revolve around things being in or out of print. e.g. I sold a Dennis Wilson CD for £80 or something before it got re-issued. Now it's been re-issued, the "original" CD is worth hee-haw, people want the expanded re-mastered edition. Or that's my understanding...

*I think the way Music Magpie works is, it scours Amazon to see what the cheapest copy is and makes an offer based on that. And if there ISN'T one on Amazon, that's when you get decent offers, so you might get £3 for a James Last Hits On The Pan-Pipes type stuff...
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

music magpie sells as zoverstocks on amazon and undercuts everyone by a penny
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
            They also re-package the CDs and sell them as refurbished stock in 99p shops and a chain of media shops in the north.

It's an interesting business model. They may even be the biggest seller of music in the UK outside of Amazon now but are virtually unknown.

Personally if I had a CD collection I'd hang on to it for a little bit longer. Prices are at rock bottom but if they stop making them in quantity then i think 'good' CDs will be in demand again......
            www.45cat.com
            http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Is it Groundhog Day today?

<<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                i didn't know that and pondered what they did with all the stuff they scoop up.
                Originally posted by highland cow View Post
                They also re-package the CDs and sell them as refurbished stock in 99p shops and a chain of media shops in the north.
                It's an interesting business model. They may even be the biggest seller of music in the UK outside of Amazon now but are virtually unknown.
                I didn't know this either but it explains the amazing array of 90s/00s Pop Cds for sale for 99p in Poundland, Norwich opposite Carrow Road stadium. They are advertised as second hand but shrinkwrapped. I had presumed they were brand new unsold stock picked up from collapsed / collapsing CD retail chains.

I rough drafted this article for Forumusic a couple of months ago about my recent obssession with digging through CDs, inspired by Emma Bunton and the fact they're absolutely bloody everywhere, dirt cheap and no-one else is interested in them.

It needs working on but I'll definitely add and credit this extra info about Music Magpie / Zoverstocks to the last part so thanks for that.
                <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

I have 1000's of cd's and for now I am happy to keep them as a handy reference library ... and of course they are really not worth selling for any financial gain - i'd only get insulted and offended if someone was to make me an offer on the lot !
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

"Is it Groundhog Day today?"
                    It's a new version of Groundhog Day where each day isn't a repeat of the previous day.
                    To clarify for the slower readers, the previous question was about which shops offer best value and the new question is about whether there is a way to gauge fair value of cds in the open market, popsike for cds if you will.
                    Cheers for answers, will come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                      To clarify for the slower readers
                      Moi? (IsolemnlypromiseIwillreadfasterandunderstandfaste rinthefuture)

Comment

*Hero finds way of selling cds thus breaking the cycle, marries girlfriend and everyone lives happily ever after*

Awesome, wicked, dope etc

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                        X