X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folk is not a four letter word

worth buying? opinions?

YES.
    Plenty of reasons, not least the Kathy Smith tune.
    Well rounded comp, not that Im biased or ouwt.
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Must Represent The Phat Folk Massive.
      Buy This Album, Get Strung Out And You Won't Even Have To Listen To It. Just Put It On And It Kinda Listens To You.
      *tilts A Floppy Hat In The General Direction Of Av And The Crewe*

Brave And Splendid.
      MODZ
      Hero No.9
      Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
      THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Totally agree - first CD I've bought for a good 12 months and I've played it loads. The last two tracks are especially superb.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Carrol Batton!!!!

nice one AV

It's nice that she's been recorded for posterity but it's caused the CD to be banned from my bedroom listening pile

Comment

also.
            if u get lucky with some remote female whos familiar with the underlying revisionist theory that belies dostoyevski's work then wack this album on, charge up dem car batteries and see if she don't wanna play.

resulti
            MODZ
            Hero No.9

Comment

Been listening to the fabulous Gather in the Mushrooms comp since Divine played it to me [thanks Andrew]

Beautiful. Perfect chill out and my baby loves the Sandy Denny. The Forest and Comus stuff is sooooooo good!

Still gotta grab at the comp in question though. I 'll chase it up this week.

Kathy Smith hmmmm, is this the joint you swung to Andy then Sarge?
              it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Buy it.
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul-Fiend
                  Been listening to the fabulous Gather in the Mushrooms comp since Divine played it to me [thanks Andrew]

Beautiful. Perfect chill out and my baby loves the Sandy Denny. The Forest and Comus stuff is sooooooo good!

Still gotta grab at the comp in question though. I 'll chase it up this week.

Kathy Smith hmmmm, is this the joint you swung to Andy then Sarge?
                  well he did gimme a mention ont album bless his 5 day growthage....and the boy been good to his uncle sarge without a doubt....dam good.
                  agreed on gather in the mushies.
                  MODZ
                  Hero No.9

Comment

I would like to join this love-in.

The LP is excellent. Really good home listening.
                    records - one a week mixcloud
                    records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

it's prety high on my 'to buy..' list for when i finally get some cash- the track listing looks excellent

Comment

Went to selectadisc to get this on Saturday and they'd had 'em in and sold 'em all already. Will have to wait for the restock this week Looking forward to it...
                        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Nice one "young" Andy!

Particularly enjoyed this collection of mellowness whilst driving along a surprisingly quiet M6 down through Scotland and Lake district on a bright sunny Monday (after the night before in the Burgh) - a definite cure for any road rage tendencies - it's like, all to beautiful....ermm....man...

Comment

alright ya bastuds, you convinced me. I ordered the Folk Is Not A Four Letter Word comp and the Serge Gainsbourg-Made In Japan covers comp. still waiting for Dusty Groove to get the Jean-Claude Vannier album in stock though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel
                              YES.
                              Plenty of reasons, not least the Kathy Smith tune.
                              Well rounded comp, not that Im biased or ouwt.
                              How many Kathy Smith ablums are there out there? I've got one (self titled i think), but can remember nothing about it (all records in storage).

Are there others/ are they good if they exist...

Comment

Working...
                              X