Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New second hand record shop in South London!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New second hand record shop in South London!

I mentioned last week that a new record shop was opening up my local High Street today, so this morning I checked it out, not knowing what to expect.

I can happily confirm that the shop has an excellent stock of UK Psych, US Psych, Prog, Folk, European, Punk, and Jazz, with more genres to be added.
    I managed to have a chat with store owner Michael, seems like he is well into the psych side of things, and I found him very approachable and knowledgeable. There's a number of boxes of 45's (I spotted a Wimple Winch in the raers box) with a fantastic selection across the board.
    The stock is keenly priced, and on first glance I would say a venture well worth checking out.
    Address details on the link:

http://thebookandrecordbar.co.uk/
    Last edited by medlar; 31-08-2013, 08:54 PM.
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Was out and about today when I saw Chris' post about the new store. Coincidently it was on the way to a birthday party I was attending do with time to kill thought I'd pop in.

Bumped into Medlar and Tom B leaving with carrier bags rammed full of vinyl!

Great atmosphere in the shop, friendly owner and fantastic stock. Their 45 selection was amazing. I'm sure someone with a much deeper knowledge than me would have bought a tonne.

I just picked up the one 45 that I'd been looking for The Squires Funky Bayswater for the princely sum of £8. Was tempted to finally bag a Hot Chocolate Go Go Girl for £20 but held off on the chance of it eventually showing up in a charity.

Would highly recommend everyone should check out this shop. If it continues like it has started then this has the potential to be one of London's best spots!

Comment

Chris and Tom, looking forward to your finds post!

Comment

Great news, will pop down tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
          Was out and about today when I saw Chris' post about the new store. Coincidently it was on the way to a birthday party I was attending do with time to kill thought I'd pop in.

Bumped into Medlar and Tom B leaving with carrier bags rammed full of vinyl!

Great atmosphere in the shop, friendly owner and fantastic stock. Their 45 selection was amazing. I'm sure someone with a much deeper knowledge than me would have bought a tonne.

I just picked up the one 45 that I'd been looking for The Squires Funky Bayswater for the princely sum of £8. Was tempted to finally bag a Hot Chocolate Go Go Girl for £20 but held off on the chance of it eventually showing up in a charity.

Would highly recommend everyone should check out this shop. If it continues like it has started then this has the potential to be one of London's best spots!
          hi mark are we expecting your presence tomorrow at orpington?? still aint got that go go girl 45? if i find one its yours
          ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

also speaking of South London, it's not worth it's own thread but don't think it's been mentioned here that JB's have moved from Hanway Street down to Lower Marsh (just behind Waterloo Station)

Comment

Oh, that's good news. I was just about to post about it being shut. Is it worth having a sticky "London Shops" thread, does anyone reckon?
              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Popped down there today, Norwood was buzzing!! Loved the shop.
                Picked up the Satisfaction LP on Decca, Manfred Mann Volume Two - Chapter Three UK Vertigo (someones coloured in part of the sleeve though!) and Paul Winter - Icarus LP.

Nearly shat the bed when I pulled out a Wimple Winch single but it wasn't Save My Soul which I'd die for.

People seemed nice, coffee was really good. Good cure from a 2 day bender!

Comment

Which Wimple Winch single was it?
                  The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                  Vault mint

Comment

Nice, literally just down the road from my gaff. Will have to swing by this week...

On a side note, I'd recommend Volcano Coffee Works for a good brew if you find yourself in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
                      My money's on this one
                      www.45cat.com
                      http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
                        I can't remember but it was on Fontana

Comment

Originally posted by wipers View Post
                          I can't remember but it was on Fontana
                          If it was under £200 it'll have been that one!

www.45cat.com
                          http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wipers View Post
                            Popped down there today, Norwood was buzzing!! Loved the shop.
                            Picked up the Satisfaction LP on Decca, Manfred Mann Volume Two - Chapter Three UK Vertigo (someones coloured in part of the sleeve though!) and Paul Winter - Icarus LP.

Nearly shat the bed when I pulled out a Wimple Winch single but it wasn't Save My Soul which I'd die for.

People seemed nice, coffee was really good. Good cure from a 2 day bender!
                            Man Alive! I was in there the same time as you. How do I know? I checked the lps, made a mental note of a couple, cruised the 45s came up with a good batch and headed back to the lps to grab the Manfred Mann Ch 3 Vol2, and couldn't find it. Well done that man.
                            Cool place huh?
                            Everyone tear down your own little wall
                            That keeps you from being a part of it all
                            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                              Man Alive! I was in there the same time as you. How do I know? I checked the lps, made a mental note of a couple, cruised the 45s came up with a good batch and headed back to the lps to grab the Manfred Mann Ch 3 Vol2, and couldn't find it. Well done that man.
                              Cool place huh?

Great LP, one I still need myself...Do you know the Satisfaction LP, not a million miles away from the Manfred Mann in places, great LP.

Looks like a great shop, everybody has been pulling some fantastic stuff!
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                              X