Whence Brillo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whence Brillo?

Having been out of commission for much of this fine summer, I've missed the coming and goings with the fine olde institution that is / was London Brillo.

Where are things currently at?

Are we homeless?

As well as clueless.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Hugh we are currently homeless but I am exploring a few leads.

Have had the Strong Rooms suggested to me as a venue that might suit our format.

Anyone have any comments on this place?

Comment

Strongroom is ok I guess. Bigger than other places we've had for Brillo but if they understand the deal and don't expect us to pack it out I suppose it could work.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
        Strongroom is ok I guess. Bigger than other places we've had for Brillo but if they understand the deal and don't expect us to pack it out I suppose it could work.
        Wasnt Pitch chasing some boozer near him in Islington?
        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

well I got a handy basement with a full PA, decks, couches and such if anyone wants to make the trip to New Zealand.

yeah, I know, not helpful. but still.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanP View Post
            well I got a handy basement with a full PA, decks, couches and such if anyone wants to make the trip to New Zealand.

yeah, I know, not helpful. but still.
            Do you have Red Stripe in cans?
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
              Wasnt Pitch chasing some boozer near him in Islington?
              I did ask... They were amenable - but didn't have decks unfortunately. So I didn't take it any further.

I recall that Sie Vulture suggested we await for Tom to return from wolf people touring duties.... Any thoughts on Brillo potential homes Tom? (BTW - I still have an LP for you!)
              "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

umm, nope, but I could get some Lion Red in - if anything it's worse. but for the real local experience I think I'd have to treat you big bots of Lion Double Brown - who isn't tempted by brown beer? especially when it's double?

last time I drank red stripe was at one of keb darge's nights at madam jojos. at least they're biggie sized.

Comment

the bar below Brewdog Shoreditch has now opened and has decks and some nights of good music on, was there last week for a friend's night. Wonder if they'd been amenable to a Monday or something? (wasn't the original Brillo on Mondays?).

they've got some strange taxidermy too, I think I saw a stoat with wings or something

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                    they've got some strange taxidermy too, I think I saw a stoat with wings or something
                    One of the many dangers associated with drinking 18.2% beer. I do love Brewdog!
                    The Downstairs Lounge
                    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Diggers Dozen is kinda functioning as a Brillo-by-proxy. Veris and Jahshabby on the decks this time. It's worth checking out - could maybe drop Maxwell a line if you wanna play?
                      "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                        Diggers Dozen is kinda functioning as a Brillo-by-proxy. Veris and Jahshabby on the decks this time. It's worth checking out - could maybe drop Maxwell a line if you wanna play?
                        I'd love to mate yeah, if you think it might be possible.
                        Would give me an excuse to get out of the house and come down to one!
                        Relatively local for me and all.
                        To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                          I'd love to mate yeah, if you think it might be possible.
                          Would give me an excuse to get out of the house and come down to one!
                          Relatively local for me and all.
                          would love to play at one too if anyone can hook me up for one.
                          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Max is always on the look out for people to play.

DIGGERS DOZEN FACEBOOK
                            www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

The sets are FIYAH as well. Nice to have 'em all archived, though the lack of track lists distresses.
                              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Working...
                              X