Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost record box

Hey all,

Lost a 45s box last night (4th Sept) either at the 149 stop outside the Alibi heading south or on the 149 (I think). If it was the latter could and East London types keep their ear to the ground for me?

Martin Circus, Triangle, Iris, Adriano Celentano, Episode 6 (ouch ), David Byron, Colin Young etc, etc

I should stress that these were lost, not stolen, so I am hoping that someone will have handed them in to somewhere. Anyway, cheers all. Going to get back to silently weeping now.
    Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
    Hey all,

Lost a 45s box last night (4th Sept) either at the 149 stop outside the Alibi heading south or on the 149 (I think). If it was the latter could and East London types keep their ear to the ground for me?

Martin Circus, Triangle, Iris, Adriano Celentano, Episode 6 (ouch ), David Byron, Colin Young etc, etc

I should stress that these were lost, not stolen, so I am hoping that someone will have handed them in to somewhere. Anyway, cheers all. Going to get back to silently weeping now.
    Have you tried the Lost Property in Baker Street? I read an interview with them the other day and it's pretty amazing everything that does get handed in.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

I am of no help, but just to say good luck, must be an awful feeling :-(
      My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby View Post
        Have you tried the Lost Property in Baker Street? I read an interview with them the other day and it's pretty amazing everything that does get handed in.
        Will do, thanks for the tip off. Have tried the bus depot and no joy, but am going to try all possible avenues. If I left it on the bus I reckon I'll be OK. At the bus stop? Prolly not. Jesus. What a fucking prick I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Moogaloo View Post
          I am of no help, but just to say good luck, must be an awful feeling :-(
          cheers man

Comment

Hey all,

So sorry to hear this - I did a similar thing a few years ago with a taxi, so I feel your pain.

Fingers crossed and good luck !
            "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

And my Romald & Roman seven.

Jesus wept...

Thanks for the kind wishes...

Comment

Did the same in the back of a cab ten years ago or so... couldn't sleep for thinking about it for days.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                  Did the same in the back of a cab ten years ago or so... couldn't sleep for thinking about it for days.
                  At the moment I'm managing (without a huge amount of effort) to be fairly ok with it all things considered. I suspect though that this is to do with stresses in other areas taking prominence. And the fact that there were *only* about 30-35 records in there.

Every now and then, I remember another one I'm unlikely to see again and feel sick and flushed, but that could just be blood pressure.

Comment

the wonderful Mr Finewine lost a box of records on the subway in NY in May 2000.

it turned up, intact, with (i believe) every single record in it, in a Brooklyn record store.

12 years later.

there is hope, Barney. there's always hope.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                      the wonderful Mr Finewine lost a box of records on the subway in NY in May 2000.

it turned up, intact, with (i believe) every single record in it, in a Brooklyn record store.

12 years later.

there is hope, Barney. there's always hope.
                      Wow! Thanks for that

Comment

Wow! Thanks for that
                        admittedly, while the outcome of the story is lovely (finewine now has the records, i believe), the story of what happened between the record store discovery and the return of the records to Mr Finewine is less edifying.

but the record store in question is no longer trading, which some may view karmically.

Comment

Mmmmm... well, I'm keeping faith in the goodness of the human spirit and all that. I've also contacted local record shops and I know the manager of Spitalfields so some bases are covered.

Comment

I've had good luck with lost stuff turning up via London Transport lost property before. So their systems do work, do not fear.
                            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Once there was a psych records collector working at the regional buses lost & found. A mutual friend made me call faking being a clueless guy having come in possession of some "old discs" by a relative who lived in California in the 60s - at first I was supposed to not really accept the gift, but because one was called Gandalf and I liked the Lord of the Rings movies I decided to take the whole bag with 30 or so records, all looking quite strange. Apparently he bought it and went bananas - searching and looking and calling all bus drivers etc. Still feel a bit guilty...

Unrelated, sorry.
                              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X