Carpenborg Matadors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpenborg Matadors

This has been bugging me for a while now. I really like that Fantastic Party record and always wanted to know who was really behind it.
    I played the track "Extraction" from the Matadors debut ( proto Blue Effect) recently and they sounded very similar to me. The Matadors have released some exploito records in Germany so it is not really that far-fetched to think it's them.

All the Wolpertingers

This is interesting and the best clue to the Fantastic Party enigma I've seen. I've never heard of Matadors before, but it sounds ace. Were the exploito records released as Matadors? Do you know which ones they are?
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

They backed up Su Kramer on a Hair record. Probably not as exploito as you wanted it to be though.
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Didn't realise The Matadors were German, thought they were Czech for some reason!

Comment

They are Czech. Sometimes people come to my country to record music.
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Heribert Thusek was responsible for 'Fantastic Party', in addition to 'Dracula's Music Cabinet'. Hanus Berka put together the Broadway Matadors' version of 'Hair'. He was a Czech emigre living in Munich, hence his connection to the band. (It's all there in Discogs). I'm not sure there was any overlap.
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

No it's not. Science Fiction Dance Party and Dracula.... are credited to Heribert Thusek, but not Fantastic Party. Am I not seeing something you see?
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                  Am I not seeing something you see?
                  Der. No, I'm an idiot. I searched for Heribert Thusek and then confused these two records, not for the first time. I mean, a science fiction dance party would undoubtedly be fantastic, right? As you were, nothing to see here.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Very interesting thread.

Cacapo: I would much like to know about these Matador exploito releases in Germany. I suppose your talking 45s here? Lps would be wishing too much?

Comment

Oh boy. What I meant where the two(German and English) Hair LPs they did as the broadway matadors. Sorry if my post was misleading.

Anyway this Carpenborg track is probably even closer to the Matadors track posted above.
                      Or not.

Later on members of the Matadors joined/formed Emergency and Blue Effect but honestly they sound different to me.
                      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

On the Cd release of the Fantastic Party is the track Afro Rock by Ken James. No idea if it was a random filler or a serious connection to the Maritim lp.

Comment

Pretty sure its a random filler. I had that on two different comps (rock and roll comeback or something like that...). Cool track though.
                          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                          X