A Close Shave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Close Shave

I don't have many very expensive records. I posted a 45 on the private press thread currently running. I'd forgotten about it until someone mentioned putting up good dance, punk and other genre pp's. While googling for a soundclip, I came across other references to the 45, indicating it has become rather desirable in some circles, fetching quite large sums of money. This pleased me no end as I would sell it for loads of Wonga at the drop of a hat.
    I woke early this morning to dig it out to see if I had looked after it in my youth. I've been going through my 45s for 2 and a half hours this morning, looking for the little bugger. Not there!
    A while ago, a mate gave me some 45s to put on ebay for him. I think we sold one. All the rest went to the chazzer, (you see where this is going). The penny slowly dropped that said 45 was put with the others (I really didn't like it that much anymore),and my vinyl karma had finally run out.
    After much nagging, my partner (who did the ebaying) had a look to see if we had sold it or if it had gone back to the wild. Ebay wouldn't let her look back further than 2 months! I showed her the evidence on line, that we had bunged out my most valuable 45! "Oh that one!" Walked into the spare bedroom, came out smiling... it was in the latest bag waiting to go to the chazzer.

Man alive I was getting grumpy! But now the sun is shining, the birds are singing, all is well in recordmania land!

Tell us of your near misses, or maybe not so near!

The 45 was Underdog Life At 21 on Dog Rock
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Please you've still got it Paul mate, hope you sell it and manage to turn it into a couple of Modpsychdancer raer!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

That's the plan Craig. Auction or Bin?
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I had the chance recently to buy a EX sleeve with a knackered German pressing of the Human Beast LP. Not ideal but fine for my EX but sleeveless copy of a UK OG Human Beast. I believe I'd put it in a naff empty sleeve for god knows what group. I've searched for many many hours but cannot find it. I've got a horrible feeling I've dumped it in a charity in the last couple of years in one of my numerous clearouts.

Its not a nice feeling!

Glad you had better luck Paul.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

My close shave is still ongoing. I have a couple of LP sleeves hanging around and I can't for the life of me find the accompanying records. Now, I know that they are in the house somewhere - I must have put them in the wrong sleeves so it's just a question of time until they show up. I'm waiting for the day when I can be arsed to go through every sleeve methodically to find them
          Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Working...
          X