Smersh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smersh

Smersh have left a message with me whilst I was away to ask if we wanted the bar this Friday. Is anyone interested? I need to let the manager know today. This can be an official Brillo thing or not if just a few people fancy coming down to play. Let me know asap please.

I'm not about this Friday, so cannae make it, captain.

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1
      Smersh have left a message with me whilst I was away to ask if we wanted the bar this Friday. Is anyone interested? I need to let the manager know today. This can be an official Brillo thing or not if just a few people fancy coming down to play. Let me know asap please.
      Hmm, I might be free this Friday - I'd be up for popping down after work again...the raspberry beer is beckoning.

PS PM me with Hallam's email Mark - ta!

Comment

Si ,as it looks like this might be just you and me I'll let Alan know that we're not interested this month. OK?

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1
          Si ,as it looks like this might be just you and me I'll let Alan know that we're not interested this month. OK?
          Hey - if you don't wanna DJ with me then suit yourself honey!!!

Ha-ha- Seriously, no worries - let's get organised for another ssmersh ssesh - even if only 3 or 4 people wanna play that would be plenty enough to spin for the night.

Comment

Si, hope I didn't offend you but I just assumed that you wouldn't be up for a 5 hour seesion knowing that you would have to get to Southend

Just spoke to Alan the manager and told him this Friday is off but he is really keen to have us back to play there again, apparently he really liked the music and thought we were a decent bunch of chaps!

I explained that people liked the venue, atmosphere, etc but were frustrated at the sound system. He explained that that Friday was a really busy night for them and that on a normal night the music is much clearer and audible due to it not being absorbed by the crowd.

Basically what I need to know is if there are enough people who would like to make this a regular monthly thing. 3 or 4 people would be enough but the more the merrier. If it seems that this is a non starter then I'll let Alan know. It seems a shame though to not take advantage of the opportunity.

He has floated Friday 11th March as a possible date. Any takers???

Comment

.. I'd like to make it down one time, now the Big Smoke ain't so far away... ... will check on March the 11th and get back at'cha!
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

yeah Im possibly down. would we get paid or free drinks?
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

?!

I'd probably consider doing this at some point. I haven't ever really played out but I've certainly got enough decent tunes to fill a good hour or so. If anyone wants me to that is!

Reckon I might be up for trying a 20 minute slot at some point, then seeing how it goes.

I live in sunny Kennington Oval so Smersh is probably about a 40 minute bus ride from my abode. . .

Comment

I'ld be up for a Friday here and there.

Shove us down and we can talk logistics later!!

Comment

definitely up for this. March 11th is good...

Comment

11th March is cool, then Mark.

Honestly no offence taken - just winding you up

PS. Where's this PM then....

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                          11th March is cool, then Mark.

Honestly no offence taken - just winding you up

PS. Where's this PM then....
                          I can't do that date for March, so that's me by the wayside.

Comment

Sorry to hear you can't make this Greg. I'll let Alan know that the rest of us will be down on March 11th.

Serms, we won't be paid for this, there may be a few beers but nothing more. Same as at a regular Monday night at the Salmon.

Comment

Just wanted to refresh this thread.

* Are we still on for next Friday, 11th March.

* Who's coming and who's playing (and for how long...) .. ??

I can do both! (if invited, of course...)

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                              X