X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medlar
    replied
    Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    Just what was George Michael thinking there?

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    "… When I wash away, don't nobody mourn for me, and don't nobody cart me out to Potter's Field to dump me all in a heap with the other scorned and forgotten cast-aways. I don't aim to have fillings and bridgework picked out, to fatten the Bull Durham sack in some junkie's or lushhead's pocket. Uh, uh. Just take my body and shove it in one of them blast furnaces, and when I'm melted down good, scrape out the dust and mix it up with some shellac and press it into a record with a King Jazz label on it. Don't stamp any D.A. on the label. Just mark down: Here lies Mezz the Prezz, home at last. And on one side press Gone Away Blues, and on the other Out of the Gallion, and then take it up to Harlem and give it to some raggedy kid on The Corner who hasen't got the price of admission to see the stage show at the Apollo or a deuce of blips to buy himself a glass of foam. Let him play that record until it cracks or wears out, or until he gets tired of it, and then let him throw it away and that's that. Just do that, and you'll know I’ll be happy. That's memorial enough for me".

- Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow: Really the Blues

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    I'm not sure if the example covers were painted before or after death, which is not a good sign.

Hopefully they really do ones where the eyes move around like the dude on the bottom left.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    I do like the way they say you can have a sitting, to be painted for the cover, "before you die". It presupposes a knowledge of your impending death most people don't have. "Well I'll be dying on the 12th so would it be okay if I popped in on the 5th". I suppose if you cocked up you could always have a "lying" after you died. I don't think I'd pick anything outrageous to be pressed into- after all your nearest and dearest will have to play it so maybe "Manifesto" by James Lewis and the Case of Tyme or "Oh Lori" by Alessi. I'd like to think I'll be taken out and spun regularly.

Leave a comment:

• diggerdumper
    replied
    yes von...i remember your white noise tales from the vinyl fair in leeds (i had the stall next to you)...hope you're well

Leave a comment:

• von staubig
    started a topic How to be remembered by this forum.

How to be remembered by this forum.

If your ashes were to be pressed into vinyl records as is offered by http://www.andvinyly.com/
    what music would you like to be pressed onto it?

I think that mine would have to be the second side of White Noise. Naturally.
Working...
X