Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New September Releases ('13)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New September Releases ('13)

    ...Well not exactly, and it's not even strictly RR (well, there is one 45 available) but this deserves posting. Brighton's favourite feudal overlords have posted up their entire back catalogue to download for free from bandcamp. I think some of it has been similarly available before but now's a good time to make sure you've picked it all up (and you could always pick up something more tangible while you're there, as I just did). And click 'more releases...' at the bottom of the right hand column to check out Baron's noble predecessor Viscount (I think 'Without Sound' is stunning).

    Baron hear.

    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

  • #2
    I haven't indulged in a Trunk for a while but I suspect this is going to have some real beauties on it. 'Fuzzy-Felt Folk is still my favourite Trunk release' - related.



    And read about it here:
    Trunk - Classroom Projects

    A tenner for the vinyl and a fiver for the CD (all including postage) if you are on the Trunk Mailing list.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
      ...Well not exactly, and it's not even strictly RR (well, there is one 45 available) but this deserves posting. Brighton's favourite feudal overlords have posted up their entire back catalogue to download for free from bandcamp. I think some of it has been similarly available before but now's a good time to make sure you've picked it all up (and you could always pick up something more tangible while you're there, as I just did). And click 'more releases...' at the bottom of the right hand column to check out Baron's noble predecessor Viscount (I think 'Without Sound' is stunning).

      Baron hear.

      Really like that Viscount tune Rich, touch of Vetiver about it. Fittingly autumnal feel too, which put me in mind of this cd which I haven't played for far too long, and am now playing, so double thanks
      http://fatcatrecords.bandcamp.com/al...green-pheasant
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

      Comment


      • #4
        New Stepkids album out at the end of the Month.... the truly crap cover does house some incredible music though. Nice to see them still channelling the Sergio Mendes Charles Stephney production

        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Troubadour-V...9014844&sr=1-1
        sigpicRock on Penderyn

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe not to everyones tastes on here but Manix have a new LP and picture disc due soon and on pre order (which is selling fast) available here : http://manix-reinforced.com/

          **Last ten remaining

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
            New Stepkids album out at the end of the Month.... the truly crap cover does house some incredible music though. Nice to see them still channelling the Sergio Mendes Charles Stephney production

            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Troubadour-V...9014844&sr=1-1
            Looking forward to this one. They don't seem to have been as popular as I expected them to be. Popular is a relative term but I just expected to read more about them than I have- which is virtually nothing. I also notice that their Direct to Disc LP which came out in 2011, and was limited to 500 copies- and at the time I thought I had better buy sharpish before it sold out- is still readily available to buy new.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stupidnation View Post
              Maybe not to everyones tastes on here but Manix have a new LP and picture disc due soon and on pre order (which is selling fast) available here : http://manix-reinforced.com/

              **Last ten remaining
              Last ten gone unfortunately
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

              Comment


              • #8
                reviewing the situation r.i. 200 copies purple wax

                http://www.shindig-magazine.com/sandie/
                new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Arawak - Accadde A......

                  Reissued this month by Golden Pavilion / Light in the Attic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                    reviewing the situation r.i. 200 copies purple wax

                    http://www.shindig-magazine.com/sandie/
                    That's delightful! Tricky original to find - and great album.
                    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

                    www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can't wait for this to drop
                      http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/15697-denial/
                      I break horses, Swedish synth-poppy duo

                      <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Regurgitator, one of The great Aussie bands are reissuing Tu-Plang And Unit.Check them out.

                        http://www.valverecords.com.au/shop/index.php

                        http://youtu.be/_JBR1Gzcb8E

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          my friends' label Seksound has new 7" out, I got my copy two days ago, which I like a lot and I think someone here might like it too. it's moody beautiful synthy track, Galaktlan even plays solo on his self-built synthesizer.
                          you can hear it: http://soundcloud.com/seksound/galak...orni-romantika

                          if you want hint how to buy it, send me PM

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TommyB View Post
                            Cover with obi

                            http://www.33-45.org/?p=5843

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't know if anyone like's this kind of thing, it's same label that put out the Shapwick CD/LP:

                              Plinth - Music For Smalls Lighthouse
                              http://claypipe.bigcartel.com/produc...se-12-vinyl-lp


                              also finally got around to ordering that L.Pierre - The Island Come True LP and noticed there was a new 10", which sounded intriguing, but the soundclip didn't really do it for me (great sleeve though)

                              L. Pierre - Surface Noise
                              http://melodic.co.uk/index.htm?/melo087.htm

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X