Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rediffusion International Music Recording - library records? Discography?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rediffusion International Music Recording - library records? Discography?

One of my collecting pals was asking about the Rediffusion International Music Recording series. There's three listed on Discogs (they start with catalogue number CF) but if the last one is CF 016 then there's at least 16.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-A-Red...elease/2626632

Sure Lee has a few, can people assemble a discography? Seems to be a sort of library kinda thing...

Your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

I've never seen any of these - are they mad rare or are they uninteresting enough to have made it over here in any numbers?

I see lots of "normal" Rediffusions but never seen one of these...
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Isn't Vic Flick 'West Of Winward' on RIM?

Can't recall as I've lost my copy somewhere, I know I have a couple and they're largely chuff. I probably have the rubbish
      ones and not the 'good' ones!
      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

it is - some chancer has got on Discogs for £250 - I have it somewhere ... half ok I seem to recall
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
          it is - some chancer has got on Discogs for £250 - I have it somewhere ... half ok I seem to recall
          Eh?? how much?

Is the seller from Germany?

I think I paid a quid for mine and there's only a few decent tracks on it.
          Incredible...

Comment

it is quite a tough pull but ....
            http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?rel...=2877541&ev=rb
            according to the seller it holds it's dynamics well - wft does that mean ?
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
              it is quite a tough pull but ....
              http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?rel...=2877541&ev=rb
              according to the seller it holds it's dynamics well - wft does that mean ?
              Perhaps he's referring to how many pints it can handle on a Friday night.
              The twat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                Perhaps he's referring to how many pints it can handle on a Friday night.
                The twat.
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                  Isn't Vic Flick 'West Of Winward' on RIM?

Can't recall as I've lost my copy somewhere, I know I have a couple and they're largely chuff. I probably have the rubbish
                  ones and not the 'good' ones!
                  RIM was the commercial label Rediffusion had before they adopted the proper Rediffusion name and logo - I like West Of Windward a lot! There are a couple of tracks I like on 'An International Affair' by Oriel Clair, mainly because of the great Syd Dale arrangements.

The Rediffusion International Music LPs with the Indian restaurant-style covers were, I think, another attempt by Rediffusion to squeeze as much revenue as they could out of their music productions - their main business was the background music for supermarkets and workplaces, some of which was commercially released on the main label. As I recall (and I stand to be corrected on this) their regular arrangers were told to arrange a set number of pieces of music for the background service every month, with a couple of tracks allowed to be original compositions - I reckon these library LPs were made up of the original compositions recorded at these sessions, in the hope of making a bit of extra cash from use on broadcasts.

I only have one or two of them, and they aren't hugely exciting, but a whole new library label, Refuel, is reissuing compilations of these tracks on CD. A massive load of library and background tracks are also available as mp3s from Amazon, and some of those are fantastic.

Comment

I've got the one featuring "The Fat Man" and "Solar Wind" by Pete Moore, both the same recordings as featured on the "Solid Rocking Brass" album. There are also four tracks by Keith "Birds'n'Brass" Roberts which are pretty good and didn't get a commercial release (as far as I know). I didn't realise there were any other volumes in that "library" series - I've only ever seen the one title (several times. MVE in Notting Hill Gate had them in quite regularly for a while).
                    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Thanks guys, keep the info coming!!!
                      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Catalogue numbers and name of artist/titles of any LP's with the CF prefix in the catalogue number would be very helpful. Surely someone out there knows a bit more about this label?

Comment

Surely the quest to amass a complete data set is bound to frustrate. Welcome to VG+ by the way!

And there's a little more here. http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...9121#post59121
                          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Hi eine, thank you for the welcome and thank you for the first piece of quality hard info re. CF 014. I am not a completist by nature but this quest has gotten under my skin a little. I have 6 LP's on this series.... so far. The quality is indeed patchy but there are some great funky tracks and no point in searching for something that is easy to find!! I will continue with optimism and a spring in my step LOL.

Comment

Working...
                            X