blue phantom distortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue phantom distortions

Picked up this amazing 1972 UK exploito psych LP (on kaleidoscope label, which seems to be an imprint of 'turnover' budget label, based in Middlesex?) at the bootsale yesterday morning - anyone know who was behind it? The tracks are credited to one H Tical which I suppose hints it's licensed from Italy or France (Tical sounds French or Italian to me, anyway) but beyond that the only credit is for the goofy sleeve (a yellow landscape in which an eye zaps a baby, bits of aeroplane and greek columns lie about and some dinosaurs frolic in a badly drawn style...suppose it all seemed very significant at the time). Can't stop playing 'Diodo' this morning, anyway...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

I believe it's a commercial issue of a French or Italian library LP.....aaaaand cue Sermad!

Comment

Finally someain mentioons summat acterally guid 'an beyond th' hip-hopperin', club-dance mundungus-sharn tha permeates dis site.
      A fine slab o' menacin' frommage rife wiv wah-wah 'an ubiquitoous organ. Will reely twist yer gonads oop a treat.
      Champion find. Ah'm droolin'.

Origional be releaser'd onna Vedette label ,Italy. (Wic alser releaser'd Metamorphosis "Inferno",Panna Fredda "Uno" Armando Sciascia "After the End" (Suite for synths & string orchestra)"71 ,)
      Vedette arrint reely a Library label.

Blue Phantom, be -o' coourse - session musicians. All tunes be writ by H.Tical
      who alser releas'd th' lp "Impact,Synthezized Sound" '71 on Vedette.

Iffin' yer arfter dis sound, naturoily ye'd be arfter Ugly Custard/Hungry Wolf, bur alser look oot fer Psycheground (It), Braen's Machine (Denmark), Frob (Den.?), Fourth Sensation (It). All these be 70-71.

Gotta go terlet 'an strangle a brun dawg.
      (Tha' haggis did Wallace noo turn o' guid.)

Comment

Can somebody please provide a translation for what on earth Wallace is talking about?

I could understand the legendary Jan Knop. so what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by wallace
          Finally someain mentioons summat acterally guid 'an beyond th' hip-hopperin', club-dance mundungus-sharn tha permeates dis site.
          yeah, that's right, because we only talk about Hip hop and club-dance here...

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
            Can somebody please provide a translation for what on earth Wallace is talking about?

I could understand the legendary Jan Knop. so what gives?

haven't a clue but I have noticed that the chap speaks the Queen's English perfectly when he wants to trade stuff in the relevant section. I'm gonna have a go at using the 'ignore' tool as I can't be arsed to try and make sense of it all
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by wayne
              Picked up this amazing 1972 UK exploito psych LP (on kaleidoscope label, which seems to be an imprint of 'turnover' budget label, based in Middlesex?) at the bootsale yesterday morning - anyone know who was behind it? The tracks are credited to one H Tical which I suppose hints it's licensed from Italy or France (Tical sounds French or Italian to me, anyway) but beyond that the only credit is for the goofy sleeve (a yellow landscape in which an eye zaps a baby, bits of aeroplane and greek columns lie about and some dinosaurs frolic in a badly drawn style...suppose it all seemed very significant at the time). Can't stop playing 'Diodo' this morning, anyway...
              Great score Wayne, I've been after this LP in any of it's forms for a few years now. No doubt you picked it up for pence too! It can be quite a pricey one. I'm both jealous & pleased for you
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Belson

Mate, I've got Scots family and I'm struggling! Lee should be able to translate some of it, but I think it lapses from Gaelic to gibberish!

I find it freaky when folk refer to themselves in the third person, Maradona does it and he's not someone I'd model myself on. Although if you compare our physiques, you might wonder if I already had modelled myself on him. Quite successfully. (Not my fault, went to Cadbury World with my young lady and her daughter the other day and you can't turn down e.g. 10 Twirls for £1 can you?)

Well done Wayne on the find though. Top bit of digging there!! I remember when I found Ugly Custard (also on Kaleidoscope) in Save The Children for 50p a few years back and only picked it up cos it had a curious-looking sleeve and then turned it over to see the musicians involved and took a punt on it. And was well-rewarded. Still right up there in my best ever charity shop finds.
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

It was indeed released on vedette first. There is also a 7" on vedette.

Vedette ARE a library label of sorts. Releasing other library and many other things (phase 6 and so on).

It was ALSO released under the name of 'distortions pop' on sonimage (which I have).

And wallace no matter how helpful you are your going to get banned for a bit unless you learn how to post respectably. I don't know if your taking the mickey or what. Really getting on my already-fragile-monday-nerves.
                  Last edited by sermad; 21-02-2005, 03:30 PM.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

What is that? Ugly Custard...
                    Great bandname
                    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

ugly custard is nearly the same as the hungry wolf lp under a different name.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I don't have too much trouble understanding Wallace, actually - I put it down to my Scottish ancestry and exposure to The Broons in my formative years!

The name H Tical really rings a bell somewhere, and I can't think why.....I'll have to do some research.

Comment

soooo.... what's that then?
                          (except for a less mindboggling name)
                          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Were Hungry Wolf the ones with Alan Hawkshaw in under the name of Jeremy Eagles, or was that Rumplestiltskin? I think the two bands had roughly the same personnel anyway (Hawk, Flowers, Parker, Cattini).
                            Last edited by Lord Thames; 21-02-2005, 03:37 PM.

Comment

That was Rumplestiltskin, and probably down to contractual reasons, with it being a US release on Bell. And the Rumplestiltskin LP has tracks from... ? 'Music For A Young Generation', I *think*? (Lee recorded them for me yonks ago but I've forgotten now ).
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X