New (?) London Record Fair next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (?) London Record Fair next week

Posted up in Digging Thread.... but not sure there's much traffic over there:

Who's going along to the large London Record Fair at Truman Brewery, Brick Lane next month? 250+ dealers and a connection to Brownswood, Soul Jazz and Kindred Spirits makes it look like a decent prospect.... 3rd - 6th October. Anyone know more / planning to go? I think I might take Thursday off, and make it my first 'proper' fair visit.
    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

A record fair ... in a brewery? Oh lawdy
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

ex-brewery to be pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
        A record fair ... in a brewery? Oh lawdy

.... and don't forget the adjacent Indian restaurants - perfect end to the record / pub crawl....

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I plan to go on the Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post

.... and don't forget the adjacent Indian restaurants - perfect end to the record / pub crawl....
            Sounds like the perfect way to loose some records, in the indian after a days diggin and drinking.

I am going to try and make an appearance over the weekend probably on Sunday. It all depends on cash really but it sounds good, maybe a mighty VG+ stall next year if it turns out as well as hoped.

Comment

Is that what one does then - if looking for bargains - go at the end for reduced prices? Or go early to pick up the few bits missed by the dealers? Or both?...... I'm pretty much making this up as I go. Those experienced in large fairs please advise on hunting tactics!

Comment

I was going to call by on Sunday before hunting down Sermad...
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

"Is that what one does then - if looking for bargains - go at the end for reduced prices?"
                  In my case I will go on Sunday cos I'm out of London on the other days.

Comment

Saturday or Sunday for me

Comment

Might be stopping over in London on Sunday on my way Doncaster, if so I'm there, without much money or the need to add more records to the list records that I keep promising myself I'll listen to

Oh whist Im at it Doncaster, any record shops in Doncaster? Didn't see any in the diggers guide. I'm there on a course for 5 days, there seems to be little love for Doncaster when I ask folks about it, never been myself.

Comment

Originally posted by francois parker View Post
                        I'm there on a course for 5 days, there seems to be little love for Doncaster when I ask folks about it, never been myself.
                        I believe we have our very own resident reporter located within Doncaster - I'm sure he's set a permanent search for any mention of his beloved home, and will be here any minute. Check this out:

Charity Shop Challenge in Doncaster

Comment

Im going on the Thursday as that day starts at 12pm so it fits it with childcare and then commuting to London. If theres cheap and amazing stuff ill be back maybe on the Saturday.

Comment

I will be there trying to find underpriced field recordings from dudes w overpriced magma records.

Comment

Thanks for the Doncaster link Pitch, I remember reading and enjoying that CSC but forgot it was in Doncaster.

As for the London Record Fair Im there on the wrong sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X