Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever dreamed about a record that doesn't exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever dreamed about a record that doesn't exist?

Barely worth mentioning...... but I have...

Latest one was I found an LP called 'Jazz Themes Inspired by Coronation Street'.

Most of it was Corrie- themed ('Blues for Len Fairclough' , etc...) Standout track on it though, was a big band version of Sham 69's 'Angels With Dirty Faces'

Like I say barely worth mentioning but anyone else....?
    Endless Tripe

Yes I have. Possibly more than once. But I can't remember any details. I remember once I listened to it in the dream and it was fantastic but no details whatsoever. I once dreamt I was a kid on vacation with my parents some Mallorca-type place and ended up hanging out with.... either some guys from Sex Pistols or Clash or Buzzcocks... or possibly a combination of members of said bands... but that wasn't about records.
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Don't think so. Did have some weird nightmare of a horrendous nuclear holocaust where I was watching my gaff/everything in the world dissolve in slow motion in the blast.
      Then I realised a) my family were inside and b) my records.
      Sorry to bum the thread out!

I was watching doom/gloom epic 'The Road' again the night before though and had ingested some particularly fine Roquefort cheese.
      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Can I be clear?

This is a thread about specific crazy non-existent records that you may have dreamt about. Idea being this might be a laugh to talk about...

Not a thread about dreams (or psychology of) in general....

I hope this helps. If not, I might have to start smashing things up with my giant radioactive iron fists.....
        Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by son of stan View Post
          Can I be clear?

This is a thread about specific crazy non-existent records that you may have dreamt about. Idea being this might be a laugh...

Not a thread about dreams in general.
          Sorry!

It was barely worth mentioning.

Consider my card well and truly 'merked'
          Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Barely worth mentioning...... but I have...

Latest one was I found an LP called 'Jazz Themes Inspired by Coronation Street'.

Most of it was Corrie- themed ('Blues for Len Fairclough' , etc...) Standout track on it though, was a big band version of Sham 69's 'Angels With Dirty Faces'

Like I say barely worth mentioning but anyone else....?
            I would def be interested in owning a copy of blues for len fairclough but this dream is meaningless without a list of session musicians.
            Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

Comment

I often have digging dreams and everytime the records I find do not exist in reality and the sleeve always look totally killer! The psychiest of psych covers, the jazziest of Jazz, Moody looking beat groups etc. In these dreams events always conspire so that I never get to listen to anything or I lose them. Not sure what this means.

I’d love to hear a big band take on ‘Angels with Dirty Faces’!
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I had a digging dream last night! I was in a shop and ploughing through boxes of cheap 7s - all mid-late 70s on weird labels I'd never seen, plus the odd totally unknown DIY/punk single which made me tingle with, er, excitement. In my dream, that is.

I remember former NME editor Danny Kelly talking about his record dreams - the one that sticks out in my mind was an Elvis Costello 45 on green & white Tamla Motown demo.
                Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

?
                  This record needs to exist.

After the haunting modal waltz Deirdre, the band raise the tempo again with Betty´s Hot Pot.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

'Cat On A Wet Slate Roof'
                    'Live At The Graffiti Club'
                    'Annie Walking'
                    'Minnies Mambo'
                    'A Night On The Cobbles',
                    Etc.
                    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

My girlfriend had a dream not long back about buying a non-existent Kate Bush EP picture disc. She was most disappointed when she woke up.

I have digging dreams regularly but don't think I've dreamed of any imaginary records as yet.

I did not long back dream that I bought loads of Van Morrison singles from a market stall (fuck knows why), there were loads of them all in a box and they were 10p each or something stupid like that. Ho hum.
                      Hull Music Archive

Comment

I recently had a dream where I was at a record fair and and was listening to a unknown 87/88 rap 12" that EPMD and Biz Markie had made together but the pressing was flawed so there were two grooves running parrallel and sometimes crossing each other making it impossible to listen to each track all the way through. It would have been perfect cause it had the 87/88 era trademark sound and used the Bandwagon 808 drums! Also it was Edan or somebody who had the record but he wouldn't sell it.

Comment

Yes, can't remember if I've mentioned it here before - a cover of Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again... Naturally" as sung by Stevie Wonder in his late 60s period.

I know.

Comment

More than once. The one that stands out was pulling out a nonexistent Genesis 70s Phil Collins era album with artwork, and complete lyrics on the back. Yes, the songs rhymed and made sense. They also did not exist. Makes you wonder what the brain is capable of.
                            https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Sure I've mentioned it before, but I once dreamt I was in a northern soul club and the original 60s Detroit version of Inner City's "Good Life" came on. "F**k me!" I thought, "that'll explain why I've always loved that so much, it's a cover of an old soul thing..." Then I woke up, and realised it wasn't. Just a genius slice of Detroit techno-soul...

I also dreamt I found a 4-track Blue Beat 7" EP on blue vinyl - but that's about as blue as my dreams get...
                              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
                              X