No announcement yet.

Hell Hath No Fury : Sabotaged vinyl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell Hath No Fury : Sabotaged vinyl...

A strange thing happened at the carboot yesterday. I found a stall with a load of records, mostly industrial/punk kinda stuff. I pulled out about 20 records, and checking the condition of the first one thought "ouch, that's a pretty nasty scratch - and it's scratched on the other side too...".

Second record also looked like someone had dragged a knife right across both sides. As did the third. And the fourth. I pointed this out to the seller, who cryptically answered "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned..." but didn't seem to think that this in any way reduced his chances of selling the records.

Has anyone else ever come across a sabotaged record collection? Or worse still, been on the receiving end? It pains me to even think about it...

PS The scorned woman managed to miss "Off The Bone" by The Cramps...
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

The woman obviously had decent taste

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One

PS The scorned woman managed to miss "Off The Bone" by The Cramps...
      obviously she had some limits, and a smidgeon of taste!

I've overheard car boot sellers complaining to prospective buyers on several occasions that they're selling off collections to fund divorces, so surmise this must be fairly common...
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

... how many of you guys have run into a woman with a box of rare Northern 45's selling 'em off real cheap coz her old fella gone run off with his secretary..?

.. no! not me, but I know at least a couple of you must have !
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
        X