Recommend good kiddie soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend good kiddie soul

A la The Banana Splits and Susan sings Sesame street.

Too full-on funky..?

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Too funky and too kiddie rap..?

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Foster Sylvers - Misdemeanor

Comment

The Numero comp Home Schooled may be a good one stop shop.

Are Cafe Con Leche's "Land of Light" of interest? (its on youtube but the work netnanny says yer on yer own there).

French kiddie group les Poppys are intermittently good but not very soul.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Halloween Dance
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Jojje Wadenius - Goda Goda, Swedish kiddie funk/folk with futuere-to-be Blood Sweat and Tears guitarist. Funkiest and best track from the album (Mitt Sår) isn't on youtube but this track isn't bad either:

So you dig the Banana Splits? Believe it was a pretty good price for that record... at least I remember it was nowhere near the 35 Euro a guy offers a VG+ copy for on discogs...
              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                Jojje Wadenius - Goda Goda, Swedish kiddie funk/folk with futuere-to-be Blood Sweat and Tears guitarist. Funkiest and best track from the album (Mitt Sår) isn't on youtube but this track isn't bad either:

So you dig the Banana Splits? Believe it was a pretty good price for that record... at least I remember it was nowhere near the 35 Euro a guy offers a VG+ copy for on discogs...
                Yes, the Cave track has really grown on me. Believe I paid 100 DKR for it.

Jojje is great, the Danish version id nice too.

Comment

Kiki - L'agent secret

A fave of mine, not to sure it's soul though!

"Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Not funky but rather good, first heard this on the Optimo Kill The DJ mix from a few years back, the Langley Schools Music Project

Comment

Too obvious maybe? Flip of the equally good, if not better "Clap Your Hands"

Please do not throw stones at this sign

Comment

Chee Chee and Peppy

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=GY6j4Gric7w]

I like that in the comments section the original Peppy is asking to hear the b-side of his own record.
                        Boy George knew my father

Comment

A festive favourite:

Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Not strictly soul per se, but pretty groovy all the same...

DO-RE-MI CHILDREN'S CHORUS - Spooky

Comment

More deep funk than soul

Sorry to hijack thread......and lets go for a beer sometime soon Mr Headless.
                              records - one a week mixcloud
                              records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X