Recommend good kiddie freejazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend good kiddie freejazz

I can only think of Arnie Lawrence and the Children of All Ages (one of the older kids being Dick Hyman but several "proper" kids as well).

Great record with a mysterious vibe and at times working out a bit of a groove.

Any more?
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

just that one !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

How about Ornette Coleman's "Ornette At 12"?

Ornette Coleman Sr's twelve year old son plays drums. A recent purchase and it is good and not as annoyingly inept as the Arnie Lawrence album, though as only one of the band is underage that's not surprising. Not the most "unlistenable" Ornette coleman album I've ever heard anyway.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Mexico DF band Irradiador present "Free jazz for boys. girls and big kids."

Only one child visible in the audience, sadly, and he seems as bewildered as everyone else.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post

Ornette Coleman Sr's twelve year old son plays drums. A recent purchase and it is good and not as annoyingly inept as the Arnie Lawrence album, though as only one of the band is underage that's not surprising. Not the most "unlistenable" Ornette coleman album I've ever heard anyway.
          I think Denardo Coleman is 10 on The Empty Foxhole lp. Sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
            Boss record
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
            X