look around you food episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look around you food episode

Well, I'm happy to say I caught another episode of this last night, after not having bothered since the disappointing first one, and it seemed to have found its feet a bit: still think it was losing steam about 10m before the end, but their predictions about the future of British food were superb!

Automated casserole restaurants, an electronic 'pea counter' that might well have ended up in the Innovations Catalogue, a 'vegetable orchestra' and a man who sweated away 56 stones of body fat in 6 weeks by using slimfast gunk and looking at a 'scary picture'...all great stuff. Maybe they can 'remix' the half hour shows to 15m each for the DVD release...

By the way, I also noticed there's repeats of 'Darkplace' very late on Wed & Thurs nights on C4 as well...I know someone mentioned they were missing it last time we did this thread!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

cool I'll download this then.

The sport episode was *terrible*.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Agreed. After 20 mins, it does rather run out of steam and the "sports" themed show was indeed gash.

( Sermad, what's that word you use when something is awful...? )
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Is there a "Look Around You" torrent going about Serms?

Comment

I havent got my uknova details here but I can post it up tonight.

( Sermad, what's that word you use when something is awful...? )
          Pump. or pony.

Comment

Pump. That's the one. Made me laff all weekend.

so, ahem... (clears throat)...

"that 'sports' themed episode was pump."

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I like to add 'utter' in the mix too.

"that 'sports' themed episode was utter pump."

Comment

... don't stop there chap!

"that 'sports' themed episode was total and utter pump."

Comment

'pump' You do realise this is now going to enter my conversations on every occasion, and raise questions about where it came from...

By the way, the next 'Look Around You' is apparently about computers, so they should be right on home turf there...

Just a thought, but can we adopt 'pumping the pony' as a Brit version of 'jumping the shark' ? "I reckon Nathan Barley was pumping some serious pony last week", kind of thing?
                  a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by wayne
                    'pump' - You do realise this is now going to enter my conversations on every occasion, and raise questions about where it came from...
                    It was the word of the weekend for Serm's and I at Dig Everything.

'pump'

feels good, dunnit ??

Comment

howzabout........the pumpification poured from look around you's total and utter gash.
                      MODZ
                      Hero No.9
                      Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                      THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                        It was the word of the weekend for Serm's and I at Dig Everything.

'pump'

feels good, dunnit ??
                        Well, last time this happened was with Rich Hero's 'That's the badger!', which STILL slips out on far too many occasions for comfort...

Comment

I'm going to stick up for LAY 2 - even the sport pumps - it's an acquired taste, but I've stuck with it ( and Nathan Barley ) and it's grown on me. I'm a big fan of the first series, and so far have enjoyed that more, but I'm glad they didn't just re-hashing it in a more visible slot which they could have easily got away with , so I respect them for trying something different. The humour's quite strange and subtle - more than you might give it credit and is worth repeated viewing, if you've got the first series DVD I recommend watching the commentaries as there's loads of genius little hidden touches going on some of which they let you in on - and there's and audio option to have just the music and no commentary at all, which is nice

One thing that annoys me is the titles sequence and idents - everything else has so much attention to detail, but these really look like they've been farmed out to some kids who've done no research and just thought they needed to make it look "cheesy" - maybe I'm too familiar with photoshop/Flash etc, but they've used all the cheap tricks that didn't exist in early 80's graphics I reckon would have been pretty easy to have done well, so I find baffling!

Oh and trust v.v. to be lured in by the Music episode, then brought back by Food
                          Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Hopkinson
                            Oh and trust v.v. to be lured in by the Music episode, then brought back by Food

Comment

Originally posted by soundhog
                              ... and the fact that Popper and Serafinowicz got in touch saying how much they liked my remix of "Machadaynu" in no way clouds my judgement...
                              smart - any chance of a link to the remix?
                              Last edited by Mr_Hopkinson; 23-02-2005, 09:55 AM.
                              Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Working...
                              X