Lee Perry Dub Dilemma....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Perry Dub Dilemma....

Would you go to see the old toaster play live this weekend..? I'm proper in two minds...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

No.

Comment

Is that based on poor (recent) reviews, poor live shows you've been at or a general "the old boy is past it, you're better off remembering him for the music he gave us back in the 60's to 80's rather than what is being peddled on tour these days" ...?

Or you just don't like Lee Perry..?
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Pro: Living legend in the flesh, maybe the band is OK, better than staying in, might score some dope.
        Anti: Turned into his own tribute act, high probability of tiresome "I am a madman" nonsense, crowd unlikely to recreate sense of being at epic 1974 lawn clash.

Toss a coin.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

This.

There's a 99% probability of it being a car crash.... I've seen him three times, all mostly awful, but I'd go again. If it was near. And cheap. And he had a band with him.

Not so much ranting these days, more like occasional Tourette's style Perry-isms (à la late-era James Brown with his strategically places grunts and "Good God"s in place of actual singing). Although one time he looked like he was actually asleep for some of the show, or 'meditating' as the promoter would have it.

Comment

No
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Perry was at his best behind the mixing desk and not acting the clown up on stage.

Comment

It depends on what else you would be doing. If it's sitting at home scratching your arse and watching 'Strictly' then I'd say go.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                  Perry was at his best behind the mixing desk and not acting the clown up on stage.
                  True. A Perry & Flavor Flav colaboration might be worth it though
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                    True dat.
                    fixed.

Upsetter magic dub classic:

"woman's dub"

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                      It depends on what else you would be doing. If it's sitting at home scratching your arse and watching 'Strictly' then I'd say go.
                      Then that would be the week they´d do a Strictly Come Skanking special and Brucie would do the bogle.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

My colleague says he was in blistering form in London last year. Then again he also said that about Michael Buble.

Comment

Is this at the Corn Exchange? I was thinking of going back to my parents, unborn baby depending..

Kev is thinking of booking Roy Ayers for next year, but doesnt think Bedford would fill the CE for him....
                          the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                            Then that would be the week they´d do a Strictly Come Skanking special and Brucie would do the bogle.
                            That's why residents of this sceptic isle have the i-player. Believe me, it's very little compensation.
                            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by admcc77 View Post
                              Is this at the Corn Exchange?
                              Yes. Tickets are £21. I was undertaking my Charity Shop Challenge last Saturday and noticed a poster in a shop window.

Still in two minds.

Living Legend yes, best behind the mixing desk yes.

Car crash on stage watching one of your musical heroes in a bizarre musical parody of himself = no.

Comment

Working...
                              X